• Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 10 months ago #194902 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic saber build
i'm very intuitive...also very analytical.....tinkering and building things is how i relax and "veg out" most of the time....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #194905 by
Replied by on topic saber build

RyuJin wrote: i'm very intuitive...also very analytical.....tinkering and building things is how i relax and "veg out" most of the time....

That's a great gift to have! :) I look at my toaster wrong and it explodes. :ohmy:

• RyuJin
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
8 years 10 months ago #194914 by RyuJin

CryojenX wrote:

RyuJin wrote: i'm very intuitive...also very analytical.....tinkering and building things is how i relax and "veg out" most of the time....

That's a great gift to have! :) I look at my toaster wrong and it explodes. :ohmy:

Attachment h6e8551a.jpg not found

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz,

More
8 years 10 months ago #194916 by J_Roz
Replied by J_Roz on topic saber build

CryojenX wrote: I wouldn't even know where to begin, beyond hilt design. Digital electronics might as well be sorcery... Actually no - I think I'd have a more intuitive grasp of sorcery than the workings of circuits and their components. I'm more intuitive than analytical, and I would definitely chalk electronics up to the analytical side of the brain.

I thought the same thing but truthfully its not that bad once you get into it. One step at a time, otherwise you will get overwhelmed. ;)

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #194918 by

Jedi_Roz wrote:

CryojenX wrote: I wouldn't even know where to begin, beyond hilt design. Digital electronics might as well be sorcery... Actually no - I think I'd have a more intuitive grasp of sorcery than the workings of circuits and their components. I'm more intuitive than analytical, and I would definitely chalk electronics up to the analytical side of the brain.

I thought the same thing but truthfully its not that bad once you get into it. One step at a time, otherwise you will get overwhelmed. ;)

I suppose I need a manual, or the steps all come at me at once hehe.

• RyuJin
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
8 years 10 months ago #195448 by RyuJin
i'm starting to lose confidence in the capabilities of the obsidian 3.0 soundboard....after numerous rewires, and the addition of a buckpuck i have a hilt that powers up and has sound, but the illuminated a/v switch does not light up, and the led still will not light up....after doing several days of research it appears that the soundboard restricts voltage and therefor does not allow enough power through to power the switch and the led (which is 12 watts by itself)....if the nano biscotte boards didn't sell out so fast each time they get them in stock i'd already have put one in since it doesn't restrict voltage....the only option i have at the moment is to order an illuminated latching switch(instead of the momentary style i have) and to order another led with lower power requirements....my head hurts from all this wiring.....

on a side note this last time i rewired and assembled everything the blasted board didn't want to power on....i was incredibly agitated as i had everything working last night (including the led) before installing....i threw the saber (breaking the battery holder, it still works and i have several spares) after wards i picked it up and on a whim pushed the button...and it powered on, sound only though...oh well...the waiting and working continues....

Quotes:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #195453 by
I think I'll probably end up waiting for SaberForge's adaptive custom saber parts if I get anything "custom". Sounds less masochistic. Incidentally, I don't plan to ever buy anything from UltraSabers again. I've just heard too many nightmare scenarios.

• RyuJin
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
8 years 9 months ago #195539 by RyuJin
i've actually never had any issues with ultrasabers products....the soundboard issues is simply a matter of compatibility (i tried to match an ultrasabers soundboard to a saberforge led, which would have worked if i had used the 6watt led instead of the 12watt)....i'm going to install my spare soundboard into the grab bag saber since the parts are compatible

i plan on building something using saberforge's asp (adaptive saber parts) in the future....that was always the issue i had with their sabers (no way to fully customize)....i'm whimsical....i like to change things up on occasion...

Quotes:

More
8 years 9 months ago #195543 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic saber build
I've actually put together a little wish list for my saber, rather then build a new one, just going to tweak/change the shape and continue to "evolve" mine to kind of reflect my personal growth. Not a finalized list but was looking at getting the following list:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/ViewWishlist.aspx?WishlistId=47821

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #195547 by
I have noticed that my UltraSaber tends to heat up rather quickly. Since I still know so little, I wasn't sure if this was normal or not but I don't want to tempt fate by leaving it on for extended periods of time (more than ten minutes).

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi