Calling out Graphic Designers & Artists

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 month ago #138813 by
Just curious how many of us there are here because I'm sure I'm not alone!!
Please reply with your field of expertise, maybe we can get our own group started and do some fun artsy things because I know there are a couple of threads around calling for us :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #138815 by steamboat28
Do semi-pro dabblers count, or just the cool kids?

I mostly do digital artwork for logos, avatars, etc. For print, I specialize in stationery (business cards, letterheads, etc.) and book layout type things (if we were to do "official" or "unofficial" liturgical booklets, or doctrine things, etc.).

but I can try anything once. :)
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 month ago #138817 by
I'm a graphic designer working mainly in print design (posters, etc), logo design, and typography. But I enjoy pushing my boundaries and trying new things.

And steamboat semi-pro dabblers definitely count :D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 month ago #138822 by
Photo manipulation using photoshop.

More
10 years 1 month ago #138827 by Proteus
Aye.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #138839 by Adder
Had to do quite a bit for website design, so yea, but I like engineering type drawing more.

Edit; I've got Photoshop 5.0 lol, wonder if it still works.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #138845 by
I mainly design digital advertising and simple graphic design for web and print, but I have a lot of fun with Photoshop when I get the chance. I'm lucky enough to work somewhere that supplies me with the latest Adobe Suite (currently using CS6) so I get to play with a lot of good software. I'm also decent with After Effects if anyone needs any video effects. Green screen and all that.

Here's a little promo piece I put together for a friend using photo, video, and simple CGI. The production logo at the end is mine too.

http://youtu.be/kK05rfHzRbg
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #152560 by
I am an illustrator, though I'm not very established. My website can be found on my profile page, but I'll put it here for convenience's sake.

www.jaymesthompson.com

I'd love to help build up something of a community of artists here, though it seems as if we are few in number at the moment!

More
9 years 8 months ago #152604 by Gisteron

babyblueyes247 wrote: ... semi-pro dabblers definitely count

In that case, count me in, too. Unless you're secretly gonna sell us dish washers. In that case don't count me in.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #200421 by
I have experience in 2D Cel Animation from Disney and Ghibli Studios. Claymation and animatronix from Academy of Art University as well as some pyrotechnical aspects which I never have used since school. I love to draw in charcoal.... however I find my real skill seems to be in 2D/3D computer graphics... and I love... LOVE to do 2D/3D Animation.... that said I am disabled (and no one hires someone like me), spend most of my time just doing simple 2d-3d art for an online star wars game.... eh, its a hobby I guess.

Oh here is a small art gallery I made, I filled up my last two galleries and I have some animation on youtube as well. I sometimes do voluntary greenscreen work locally, but not recently.

http://sulabri.com/gallery/

I think I have around 10,000 or more individual 3D pieces alone... most not shown.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi