The Meaning of Life! was created by

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 9 months ago #4621 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:The Meaning of Life!
Haha! Very funny!

The first question which comes to my mind is if there is one meaning for all of us or is there one individual meaning for each one of us.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 9 months ago #4626 by Jon
\"The Answer to the Great Question ...\" \"Yes ...!\" \"Of Life, the Universe and Everything ...\" said Deep Thought. \"Yes ...!\" \"Is ...\" said Deep Thought, and paused. \"Yes ...!\" \"Is ...\" \"Yes ...!!!...?\" \"Forty-two,\" said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.

Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 9 months ago #4628 by Jon
There is a theory which states that if anyone discovers just exactly what the universe is for and why we are here, that it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. Then there is a theory which states that this has already happened.

- Douglas Adams, In Literature/Douglas Adams

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4637 by
Replied by on topic Re:The Meaning of Life!
i guess as simple as i can put it is
the meaning of life is to find meaning in life!!!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4641 by
Jon wrote:

\"The Answer to the Great Question ...\" \"Yes ...!\" \"Of Life, the Universe and Everything ...\" said Deep Thought. \"Yes ...!\" \"Is ...\" said Deep Thought, and paused. \"Yes ...!\" \"Is ...\" \"Yes ...!!!...?\" \"Forty-two,\" said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.

Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe.

Too bad that Deep Thought forgot the original question, eh?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4644 by
Loved the cartoon - sometimes not too far off...heh!

Synchronicity - my last assignment at Blue Group Jedi Training was to read Finkle's \"Man's Search For Meaning\".

Some of the great social illnesses is that people do not feel a sense of \"meaning\" in life. They live - so to say - in an existential vacuum. Those who sense a \"purpose\" or \"meaning\" are likely to suffer through the blows of life - even as Finkle did in a concentration camp of the Holocaust - because they have found \"Meaning\" in life.

Those who do not have the feeling of \"meaning\" in life - and I have had dark moments where I felt this - feel every block and turn keenly. Or so that is what is being presented in this lesson.

According to Finkle, and I'm yet working on stating my own ideas of \"meaning\" in life as part of this assignment, there are three basic \"meanings\":

1.) Love (of family, lover, or friends)
2.) Devotion to a personal interest/project/movement...writing a book
or political cause, or building a beautiful airplane, etc...
3.) Spiritual calling or fulfillment.

In the end I do not know that \"meaning of life\" is the proper term for this but our purpose in life helps determine it's meaning? It is not the same for all... The meaning of life.

One interesting side note is that Finkle was a psychologist in Austria before being sent to the Concentration Camps. When he survived, and began to practice again, he developed the psychotheraputic treatment of Logotherapy.

...I'm still working on my paper...so...heh...any further comments on what others feel is their \"meaning\" in life would be very interesting!

-Asta Sophi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4650 by
The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware. ~Henry Miller

Okay, so he said: The Aim not meaning, but maybe this is it. Be here, do your best, be alive, be open...

And I think there might be a slightly different meaning for each one of us, not one size fits all.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4695 by

That Mickey is a mouse of many hats!

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 9 months ago #4696 by Jon
\"Anyone can carry his burden, however hard until nightfall. Anyone can do his work, however hard, for one day. Anyone can live sweetly, patiently, lovingly, purely, till the sun goes down. And this is all that life really means.\"

Robert Louis Stevenson.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi