• Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26643 by
Next Gen Consoles was created by
OK - imagine the highly unlikely event

someone says to you

'Xbox 360 Super Elite or PS3 - pick one'

tell me which n why

However - dont use hardware comparisons as they are both the same (and blu ray is a con)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26647 by
Replied by on topic Re:Next Gen Consoles
Neither, because video games rot your brain and cause repetitive stress injuries?

More
14 years 6 months ago #26649 by Grom Fett
Replied by Grom Fett on topic Re:Next Gen Consoles
I would have to say 360 all the way. I always hated PS and for no reason at all.
And Xbox has all the games that i like the most.

Former Master:Br John
Rite:Jediism Rite
Former Apprentice: Knight Apprentice OwenShea 11/08, Angelus 11/09
Current Apprentice:

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it

We all have our heroes. And when we watch them fall, we die inside.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 6 months ago #26650 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:Next Gen Consoles
lol i'd have to pick the 360 elite since it is backwards compatible(with the appropriate patch) and mainly because of a handfull of games that it has ie: fable 2, soul caliber 2 (the one with yoda & vader), force unleashed(because the 360 version gets all 5 a.i. engines as opposed to the ps3's 3 engines and the wii's 2 engines) after those games i would probably pick up the wolverine game, harry potter, naruto(any of the games), and when it comes out next year dead rising 2 (something about facing up to 7000 zombies at once seems quite challenging, and i'd like to see if they really mean that, plus the improvised weapons engine they have for it)
while it is true that some games decrease mental capacity it has been shown that certain games (those with challenging puzzles) actually increase mental capacity, even still other games increase hand eye coordination, and others are so detailed and realistic that the military has considered using them for training purposes. personally i've memorized every puzzle and every map to every game i own (8 xbox, 24 ps2, 18 n64, 2 sega saturn) yeah i know they're old but they still work and are still fun...i even have all the nintendo and super nintendo games that i played memorized, though i no longer have those systems.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
14 years 6 months ago #26652 by RyuJin
interesting/boring tidbit of info on the playstation
it was originally meant to be an add on system for the super nintendo, but at the last minute nintendo changed their minds and went with panasonic(which never got released, or at least not in the u.s.) of course since sony had already tooled their plant to make the system it would of cost too much to retool so they went ahead with the system anyway and simply came up with their own codex...from a business stand point a wise decision as they nearly put nintendo out...but leave it to nintendo to keep things simple and enjoyable by making games that are both fun and easy thus appealing to older gamers and the really young(both categories neglected by the ps3 and 360 which are built mainly for the hardcore gamers)

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26667 by
im too old and senile for my brain to be rotted any further so im allowed a console now :lol:

Actually - as said - there is evidence for video games being good and bad for your brain etc - there is certainly evolutionary evidence already of children's thumbs being more manoeuvrable and this is a hereditary trait.

I have a ps2 which is now a bit old - and im tired of the games of upgrading a pc every three weeks to be able to run the new games - yes I am a big kid - so what :D

1st on the shopping list are TFU (both editions) - next years AVP and modern warfare 2 (have the pc version and im a huge CoD fan) - ps3 - sorry - but the cost just doesnt attract me - im not into bluray and if I was id buy a proper player

Ive only ever owned pc, playstations and a sega mega drive - time for a change me thinks ;)

I bet few of you remember the old amstrad 'pc' with a built in megardrive cart port ;)

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
14 years 6 months ago #26669 by RyuJin
lol remember the commodore 64....or even older the calico vision....i remember having to flip the cassette tape on school computers in order to continue a program...you know back when a mouse was the size of a cinder block and if you knew how to program basic you were a genius...it's kinda funny today in class we were talking about some of the computer pranks we use to pull in middle/high school...
my 2 favorite pranks was in 8th grade when i took the brand new wireless keyboards for the apple II and \"modified\" all my classmates programming projects so that their pc's were stuck running an infinite loop program :laugh: :laugh: terrible huh...it gets worse
my freshman year of high school i took keyboarding for an easy \"A\" and before leaving the class i would pull all the keys off the keyboard and rearrange them in alphabetical order :laugh: :laugh:
then there were my friends when i worked at a computer store that told our customers that they had an ID 10 T error (hint press them together):P

Quotes:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26670 by
My favourite is still changing the properties of common shortcuts - usually IE - everytime someone clicks the shortcut - it goes straight to shut down :lol: (you can look up this amd similar pc pranks for windows online ;))

Horrid I know :p

Commodore 64 - I had one of those - the first game cheats were to let it play instead of rewinding when u lost a level in a game - then you simply started the next level with all your lives back.

And the joys of typing hundred of lines of code in basic on a zx spectrum only to get 'syntax error' - the youth of today are accused of wasting time on games etc - i dread to think how many hours i spent typing basic programs

I remember when the 5.25\" drives came out and they were considered 'uber elite' upgrades :D

Actually - we may laugh but many of these machines are now highly collectable - never ever throw out an old console etc cos in not too many years time - theyll be worth what you paid for em new again ;)

I recently heard of a guy selling a BBC B computer for £500 :o

Here is a thought - why are dvd/cd's still in use for games and films etc? the cost of usb type flash memory is competitive and less fragile, easier to handle, and much higher capacity (and better access times in the right rig) - I also think its a shame minidisc never caught on for pc etc - but i guess we have sony to blame for that :D

Anyway - you all may or may not be pleased to hear im more than likely getting a xbox 360 SE very very soon (if i can get a good deal with CoD4.2) - im not into driving games so a forza box set will be a little wasted for me.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
14 years 6 months ago #26671 by RyuJin
ah yes the 5.25 floppy....i still have a whole chest full of them...they make great coasters...or dust collectors...i forgot all about the shortcuts trick...another classic :lol: ....the dreaded syntax error....good question about the dvd's...especially since i've seen a 64 gig flash drive...wish i had bought it when i saw it but didn't have enough money for it....yeah i remember the tragic mini disc came out the same time as the zip drive...i'm so glad i didn't buy either as they both got replaced by the portable hard drive....now i'm looking at getting a portable terrabyte drive...then i can backup my whole laptop drive and store the anime downloads i have

Quotes:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26673 by
Well - I love my minidisc - nothing compares to it in terms of sound quality for music.

I was bought an ipod a year ago and have used it twice - the sound quality is awful - even with top end earphones - I dont think mp3 is really desined to cater for folk who are 'music purist' minded - and I wouldnt even class myself as one of them.

But think about the capacity of the newer HiMD disc - something like 40 cd's capacity so thats alot of strorage space in a small package

I also used zip disk for a while as backup storage but found them to be unreliable - basically the same problems (mechanical etc) as youd expect on a regular floppy drive - still thats was wehn memory sticks and external hard drives were the realms of the military still.

Who feels like installing modern warfare 2 from punched cards or ticker tape :D

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi