SciFi Ex (Pic Heavy Post)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #24108 by
SciFi Ex (Pic Heavy Post) was created by
Well well well - the 21st century final found my little tin pot town :D

Our little museum is holding a small SciFi exhibition which opened today (and ends early September) so I went along (and got in free as I dressed as a Jedi for the occasion - not too difficult for me to achieve :D)

Anyway - here are some pics - i apologise now for the poor quality as cameras were not allowed so I had to sneak my mobile phone camera which isnt good at the best of times and having to take shots on the sly in low light - well - poor pics but anyway :D

As a side note - Jo Public were impressed with my costume - I had dozens of photos taken (the usual 'can I stand next to you for a photo' type thing' - a couple of people thought I was a museum guide :D

So in no particular order

Moving Dalek (Charity Daleks - raise money for charities)

Im sure I recognise this guy from somewhere :D

Star Wars bit n bobs

Jawas

Another Dalek

Tardis

K9

Sonic Screwdriver (not sure if you can read the text)

RoboCop

Terminator T-1000 Head

Predator Head

Alien Queen Juvenile Head

Alien Warrior (concept design model)

Alien(s) odd n bobs

Mars Attacks

Ewok

Darth Vader and Chums

Finally the three guys made the whole event for me - they are a local Star Wars fan group who attend events to raise money for charities and the costumes are absolutely amazing - even their blasters looked real

Anyway - hope you like - just thought id share

MTFBWY - A
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago #24110 by
Replied by on topic Re:SciFi Ex (Pic Heavy Post)
Reminds me of a few years back when Houston Musuem of Natural Science held the same thing.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago #24111 by
i suspect my little town would fit into the Houston Science Museum :D

Wasnt a bad little display - not worth the £5 entrance fee but i got in for nothing (mind tricks ;)) so I cant complain about cost too much - had it not been heaving with kids - id have looked around the whole place again properly - i know its got a good Egyptology dept and with Kents Cavern up the road (do a google) its got a good Anthropology section too - although much of the floor space is given over to agatha christie - which is fine - if thats your thing

Also - there is a local artist who is selling prints i the shop - they are all done on a pc using a graphics tablet - any 'prophet' goes to local charities and his work is excellent - so im probably going back to get some prints - I honestly thought they were hand airbrushed pics - i was amazed with the effect he pulled off using a pc - bot a course digitised line to be seen

at £7 a go - they are MUCH cheaper than 'posters' here in the UK and I think these prints are better - when I get some - i'll post copies

anyway - now I have three imperial henchmen to interrogate ... :D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago #24114 by
Bloody hell, your town is that small Kana. :ohmy:

The museum district here takes up quite a bit of blocks added with the Zoo.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago #24117 by
The 'another dalek' is Dalek Kahn. He's the only dalek to get himself a personality. :D

Dalak Kahn being led by the creator - Davros.

Dalek Kahn after he went into the time locked time war without protection and got corrupted by the power of the timestream making him crazy because he can see all, but at the same time.

Thanks for the pictures :D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago #24133 by
There's a Star Wars exhibition being right now in a Melbourne children's museum. It's just occurred to me that the exhibition is taking place in a building used for the shooting of Mad Max- a very Sci-fi location there :laugh: .

I haven't been able to find a kid to borrow so I might go by myself...

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
14 years 10 months ago #24142 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:SciFi Ex (Pic Heavy Post)
Now thats been a long time since I seen a Darlek nor heard \"EXTERMINATE! WE SHALL EXTERMINATE!\"... then that post box. Dr. Who`s red scarf. But that was something like 30 years ago.

A thought just came to me...although the special effects are much better now than in those times they used to leave more room for the imagination in those days.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago #24144 by
same goes for the starwars films I think - the clone wars etc were very cgi heavy - what many people fail to rememberer is that the 1st trilogy of starwars basically consisted of scale cardboard models and drawing on celluloid film (for the blaster shots)

Mid - loate 1970's - perhaps now the younger memebers will appreciate why Star Wars at that time in terms of film making was well ahead of its time

Compare it to the fx of terminator in the mid 80's - starwars is still better and a tiny fraction of the costs to make as well.

Dr Who i never did get into - i can bring myself into watching a david tenant one - maybe id appreciate the older ones of i watched em again

As for mad max - they are making another one atm (im still looking for a 1:32 scale ford falcon :D)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago #24160 by
I agree Fr. Jon, you ask younglings about Dr. Who and they ask who is that. Granted the graphics have evolved in the past few years, but the imagination is sorely lacking these days.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi