I'm quitting smoking.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #95733 by
I'm quitting smoking. was created by
I'm starting to feel pain in my chest. I've only been smoking for 5 years now. Its scaring me. I bought a Blu e-cigarettekit. Its pretty kool. It has a flat black pack that charges the e-cigarette batteries on the go and the pack plugs into a wall charger or computer USB port. I'm quite determined to really quit.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #95737 by
Replied by on topic Re: I'm quitting smoking.
You should talk to Wescli Wardest, I think he quit smoking sometime last year? :unsure:

E-cigarettes are good, but they won't remove the nicotine addiction. They help with relieving the negative effects from the additives such as tar etc but you will be addicted to e-cigarettes. It is an improvement at the very least though :)

Also be aware that while the 'smoke' in e-cigarettes is mostly water vapor and nicotine there hasn't been any health investigations into the long term effects of them on your body (lets be honest they couldn't be worse than cigarettes) but you should be aware of it. It is likely that laws will be introduced to control them very soon - currently in the UK there is nothing stopping you from selling to a 5-year-old

Good luck!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #95740 by

Thed_ArChett wrote: I'm starting to feel pain in my chest. I've only been smoking for 5 years now. Its scaring me. I bought a Blu e-cigarettekit. Its pretty kool. It has a flat black pack that charges the e-cigarette batteries on the go and the pack plugs into a wall charger or computer USB port. I'm quite determined to really quit.

First comment: if you still feel this pain, get checked out immediately! If it recurs, get checked out immediately. If you only experience it while smoking, you've already addressed the cause, but: get checked out anyway. You may have an specific allergy to one of the smoke components or tar which is triggered when you smoke.

Second comment: did I mention getting checked out?

More
11 years 2 months ago #95742 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re: I'm quitting smoking.
Good luck :)

Remember that we're here for you when the going gets tough...

B.Div | OCP

More
11 years 2 months ago #95743 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Re: I'm quitting smoking.
I tried unsuccessfully for years, most recently when I joined the Temple. I will try again, though. I commit to quitting with you. We can do it together. PM me if you need support.

rugadd

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #95751 by
I understand what you're going through. I tried quitting twice with no success. Like Rugadd, I'm here for you too and pm me anytime you need support. Same to you Rugadd. There is better chance of success when you try with people.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 2 months ago #95770 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: I'm quitting smoking.
when i quit smoking i go cold turkey, a week later i feel like i have brand new lungs... and i can stop for a full year, start again for a couple of weeks, stop again...etc

It all depends on what you like about smoking. Personally I really like tobacco. I tried e-cigs as replacement but they're just nothing like tobacco so it didn't work for me...

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #95771 by
Well, I think the reason my chest hurts sometimes is because I'm such a heavy smoker. I like smoking. I play with the smoke and its a good thinking time for me too. But I want to be healthier. Thank you all for your support. This will be tough but I know I'll pull through.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #95819 by
Replied by on topic I'm quitting smoking.
If your chest pains continue go to a doctor. I had a heart attack at 34, and I came very very close to death. Have yourself checked out. I had smoked for a very long time and I quit. Was one of the hardest things I have ever done. But also the best. Like Ren, I liked tobacco, but not enough to die from it.
Good luck and may the force be with you!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #95824 by
I quit smoking in December and I feel alot better about it. My friend got me into the whole vaping scene and I enjoy it, I like smelling like something tasty instead of something burnt.

My favorite flavor for my e-cig/vaporizer is peanutbutter & honey. Yum!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi