Experimental Medicines

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #86916 by
Experimental Medicines was created by
Cross-posted from the Force Academy.

While watching an episode of Boston Legal, I was reminded of a question I once asked myself: If I had a terminal illness, incurable condition, or was missing a body part, would I put myself up for experimental procedures?

My answer to myself is "most likely, depending on the risks" I've never been in that situation, or anything like it, so I wouldn't know what I would really do; mostly, it's conjecture right now. But I love reading the news articles, especially about prosthetics. That artificial heart turbine the University of Texas came up with last year? Fantastic. The prosthetic hand with 30% feeling in it? Brilliant.

So, given that sort of situation, would you put yourself up for test-phase treatment?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #86920 by
Replied by on topic Re: Experimental Medicines
Given that the severity of my illness is incurable or terminal and detrimental to my livelihood, or even a dismemberment. Most definitely. I would sign myself up in less then a heartbeat unless there is over half a chance that the procedure or implant would make my condition worse of course. I may be out-going but I'm not stupid. lol
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #86998 by
I think I would

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKd2r3ji8m8

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #87570 by
Hey friends according to my opinion its a division of the process of medicine in which new medication or therapies are analyzed for protection and effectiveness in a scientific clinical establishing by using creatures or, in certain situations, human topics.Thanks!!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #87572 by

Alston6 wrote: Hey friends according to my opinion its a division of the process of medicine in which new medication or therapies are analyzed for protection and effectiveness in a scientific clinical establishing by using creatures or, in certain situations, human topics.Thanks!!

It sounds like this is trying to talk about alternative medicine. Alternative and experimental are different things

Not sure if that's what you were talking about :/

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #87623 by

Alston6 wrote: Hey friends according to my opinion its a division of the process of medicine in which new medication or therapies are analyzed for protection and effectiveness in a scientific clinical establishing by using creatures or, in certain situations, human topics.Thanks!!

Boot Camp Anaheim Hills

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #87635 by
I would caution posting what I would consider as spam...

Lets let the moderators decide (if it looks like I'm talking to myself then the moderators agreed with me :P)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi