Accupressure

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #84292 by
Accupressure was created by
My studies take me from one subject to another. Qigong has resulted in warm hands and my interest in healing which brought me to accupressure. Hands were used for healing long before anything else and fits in well with my belief that we have everything we need within our selves.

This is something I'll be putting in my journal but we can't discuss it there. I'd be delighted to have intelligent discussion on the subject as I refine my thoughts.

This is an article I've been studying:

http://www.chiro.org/ACAPress/Meridian_Points.html

This is only the begining. I hope to study this in greater detail over time.

Rickie
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #84363 by
Replied by on topic Re: Accupressure
This will be pretty neat to see what you learn. :) I've always loved hearing about different ways to relieve stress, pain, whatever (it works handy on whiny family members ;) )

Self massage is a goody or so one of my friends (a fitness instructor and dietician) always says. Just taking time to touch your knees, feet, arms, etc. helps to circulate blood better (always good) and keeps you in touch with yourself.

Thanks for posting that link.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #84366 by
Having completed the 3 year practitioner's diploma course (and currently an assistant teacher), I can highly recommend studying Shiatsu. It combines acupressure with traditional chinese medicine, "western" anatomy, physiology and pathology, Qi (chi) development and other aspects of health care and energy work.

More than happy to wax lyrical about this subject! :D

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #84385 by

Wendaline wrote:

Self massage is a goody o:laugh: r so one of my friends (a fitness instructor and dietician) always says. helps to keeps you in touch with yourself

Really :laugh:

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #84389 by
:laugh: Yuppers :laugh:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #84458 by

Mark Anjuu wrote: Having completed the 3 year practitioner's diploma course (and currently an assistant teacher), I can highly recommend studying Shiatsu. It combines acupressure with traditional chinese medicine, "western" anatomy, physiology and pathology, Qi (chi) development and other aspects of health care and energy work.

Maybe you can give me a little direction? It's one thing to learm how and where to press but other than achs and pains how does one use energy healing to find the source/cause?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #84482 by

Mark Anjuu wrote: Having completed the 3 year practitioner's diploma course (and currently an assistant teacher), I can highly recommend studying Shiatsu. It combines acupressure with traditional chinese medicine, "western" anatomy, physiology and pathology, Qi (chi) development and other aspects of health care and energy work.

I just found this article/book pdf I may print it.

Tao Shiatsu
Revolution in Oriental Medicine
Ryokyu Endo

Any thoughts on it?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #87589 by
Hey Guys acupressure is an alternative treatment strategy resulting from homeopathy. In acupressure physical stress is used to homeopathy points by the hand, shoulder, or with various gadgets.Thanks a lot!!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi