Alternative Healing

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #81398 by
Replied by on topic Re: Alternative Healing
Oooh, that sound massage sounds pretty awesome. Lucky duck! :)

My sister and I just found out that flower petals make great massage instruments. Having one brushed over your face (especially the eyebrows and under the chin) is oh so relaxing. :laugh: The things you discover when you try to make rosewater...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #81410 by
Actually the Moxa treatment wasn't painful at all. Of course I was a little concerned about that before I got started with the process, but the practitioner explained to me that all of the needle insertions were performed on the back, and the back has relatively few nerve endings compared to other parts of our bodies - so, no pain.

What led up to this was a complaint that I had from time to time experienced cold hands and feet - icy cold, so extreme that sometimes I was embarrassed to shake hands with another person. One moxabustion treatment, and no more cold hands, not since around 1995.

That didgeroo experience sounds incredible! There are a number of people who claim to teach healing with sound; it's not yet something I've looked into much, but it's on my "to do" list. I've definitely notices how some recorded music can induce either deep peace or aggravating irritatibility, depending on the nature of the music.

Todd

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #81411 by
Well, yes I was fortunate . . . I had a mix of health insurance coverage and funds at the time that allowed me more latitude at the time than I have at the moment.

Both of the people who I regularly saw for massage had also been trained in energy healing, so, as one of them said, it was more than just a "nice rub". There was a very meditative side to the experience.

Your experience with the rose petals sounds very nurturing, and maybe that's the key to how it made you feel. For many of us, much of life is a fairly rough-and-tumble experience, and even a brief moment of softness can restore our hearts and souls.

Todd

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #81412 by
As mentioned, I practice and teach Reiki. I also teach shamanic development including healing techniques such as soul retrieval. I practice shiatsu and am an assistant teacher with that too. Plus I offer various forms of massage (holistic, indian head, etc) and seated acupressure. :)

More
11 years 5 months ago #81416 by Alexandre Orion
Getting well ...

http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/General-Discussions/66052-From-a-corner-of-the-library-?limit=10&start=30#81091

willing to get well-er ...

... might just be realising you're not sick.

;)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #81419 by
MMMM... Shamanic studies, Native American and Celtic?

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 5 months ago #81428 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Alternative Healing
I'm thinking celtic ;)

If you end up doing the divdegree you'll find one of his lessons there...did it myself and found it fascinating...my duality is deeper and every bit as polarized as I thought...then again I remember the exact moment it happened...and even had a vision quest to find my animal guide...but of course those are topics for a different thread

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi