Query regarding gymnastic training??

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #78711 by
Hey all,
I'm a bit curious as to how well gymnastic conditioning & martial arts training work with one another?
I was hoping someone here had a bit of experience with the 2 combined?

To me it seems like the more logical option over weights/martial arts training, don't get me wrong, weight training has always been my preference but when thinking about it, having complete control of your body in any position would be more beneficial?

Any input would be appreciated :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #78715 by Wescli Wardest
My daughter has had extensive training in gymnastics and has recently started her instruction in forms of martial arts.

I know that gymnastics requires a level of strength and self-discipline rarely found in other sports. I feel that as she becomes more proficient in the one, her skills and strengths developed in the prior will only will only benefit her.

Monastic Order of Knights

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #78723 by
That's what i thought, I've done a lot of research on gymnastic conditioning and the health benefits seem far greater than that of standard exercise but i tend to be a bit cautious when i get good ideas as sometimes a great idea doesn't necessarily mean good results lol,

Thank's for the response, I think i will definitely have to put some planning into my training sessions :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi