smokeing

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72304 by
smokeing was created by
i have been trying to stop smokeing for some time now and havent had any luck i want to stop but i dont seem to have the will to do so

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #72306 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Re: smokeing
I believe you nailed the problem right on the head!

I tried to quit a few times before and had no success. Then, one day I found the will I needed to do it. Granted, not every day is easy. And when I pass by a smoker it smells bad… then my brain starts the, “Mmm… having one of those would be nice!” I still struggle with it from time to time. Don’t give up my friend. :)

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers… and I wish you the best in your endeavor.

Monastic Order of Knights

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72307 by
Replied by on topic Re: smokeing
think you its not easy im not the onley smoker in the house my gf smokes and she dosent want to stop so every time i try to stop she just makes it even harder she wont go outside and smoke

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72313 by
Same here. I have tryed to quit 3 times, but my family keeps smoking and are not even trying to quit. I'm at least using an electic one, so I hope I can quit before too long. Have you tryed the electric ones?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72314 by
yea i cant stand thim every one iv had made my trout sore

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72316 by
Hmm... the electric ones do tend to work for most people

How expensive is the one you're using? Is it a simple disposable one or a rechargeable one etc? Does it use just a single use cartridge or do you use E-liquid?

For the best electric cigarettes you'll be looking at around $100 or so, but you can get decent ones for maybe $70 perhaps less if the prices are lower in America

Your basic won't be much more than 1 or 2 packs (depending on how high tax is where you are)

I would ask what strength you're using. If you smoke smooth cigarettes then you should of course try for medium strength liquid/cartridge. But you can go lower

For E-liquid they tend to go 36mg, 18mg, 11mg and 8mg. 18 is generally used for those that smoke 'full strength' cigarettes and 11 for those that use smooth. You could try lowering the strength that you use and you might find that helps a little

Don't know if any of that is useful but there you go :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72319 by
i have tryed a few rechargeable ones full flavor but i dident spend more thin 20 for thim

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72321 by
I would recommend going the prescription route. There's a drug called Chantix that works. I've had quite a few friends successfully quit smoking by using this medicine. I used it myself and it was working, but one of the side effects made me stop taking it.

It's cool how it works. If I remember correctly, it blocks the chemical that causes the dependency from attaching to receptors in your brain. You actually continue smoking for the first week or so after starting the meds. After the first day or two, the cigarettes actually taste like crap and you won't want to smoke.

There are possible side effects. For me, it made my eyes twitch. I didn't think that was a very good thing for my eyes to do while driving. So I stopped taking it. I would just talk to your doctor and be sure to pay attention to any weird things your body might do that's out of the ordinary while taking it. Everybody's different.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72322 by
Hmm, well yeah I would definitely suggest trying one with lower nicotine strength. Might help you, or just look into buying a well known brand that doesn't cause this problem

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72323 by
ill ask my dr about it i realy dont want to take anything for it id like to do it on my own if i have to do it that way thin i would feel like i failed myself because i wasent strong enough to just stop

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi