Nutrition

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #53967 by
Nutrition was created by
As always, I'm unsure when I begin a new topic, but figure if it's in the wrong place, it will be moved.. or if it shouldn't've been posted in the first place, it will be deleted. So, here we go..

I'm always looking for resources when it comes to nutrition and health in general and today I found one when looking up nutrition information of blackberries. I know, I search for such exciting things. I thought I'd share: http://nutritiondata.self.com/
On the top right of the page (after the very large ad) type in a food and go from there. It's pretty neat, in my opinion, but I love things like this.

Another tool that I use and have been using for some time is an online calorie counter thing. There are probably tons of those out there. The one I use is loseit.com. My step-mother uses spark people or something along those lines, and I know of another one simply called.. calorie counter. Creative.

Anyway, I just thought that first one was neat and wanted to share. May the Force be with you all! :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #53968 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Re: Nutrition
That’s pretty neat! I love stuff like this as well. :D

I looked up blackberries. When I was younger (a kid) we use to get up in the morning when the blackberries were in season and head out to the briar patch with a bowl. We would fill it with blackberries, add a teaspoon of sugar and a little milk and eat it like a bowl of cereal. It was great!

I think that nutrition is important and I would think that most Jedi would agree. Thanks for sharing this with us.

May the Force be with you.

Monastic Order of Knights

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 1 month ago #53970 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Nutrition
i still eat wild blackberries...no sugar or milk just pick and eat...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #53982 by
Replied by on topic Re: Nutrition
Thanks for this! Nutrition is something I've been thinking a bit about recently, and even just before reading this entry was grocery shopping for some healthier options than my normal stuff. So this definitely helps! Thanks, Reliah!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #54011 by
Replied by on topic Nutrition
Glad you all enjoyed it :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #54016 by
My sister-in-law is on a low potassium diet because the crash injured her kidneys. This site will be helpful to her. Thanks much.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 weeks ago #55710 by
Where I work there is a burger king thats kind of the standard fare for everyone around here. I recently changed my diet and I'm bring more things from home. My diet is high in protien and fiber. Today I did a comparison between the Peanut Butter and Strawberry preserves on whole wheat bread to the double stacker, which is what I got a lot at Burger King. The biggest shocker to me is that I'm not a baloon! My metabolism must be incredible. I'd have to eat 13 of my sandwich to equal the fat content of 1 burger king double stacker.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi