hot meditation

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

hot meditation 22 Feb 2012 13:15 #51300

I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue, and if anyone can help me with it. I've recently started to be able to drift off into meditative states. However, when I get into a meditative state, I can't stay in it for very long because I begin to get too hot. Sometimes so much that it causes discomfort.

This is fine for when i'm doing Reiki, as the heat helps in the healing process, but for normal meditative state, it's just uncomfortable. Actually, it's like that in my Reiki as well but it takes longer for it to become uncomfortable.

So, is there something i'm doing wrong here? What I can do to not get so hot when meditating? I was getting into a meditative state at work today. A coworker sat down right next to me and asked if I had been outside. I said no and asked why and they said they could feel heat coming off of me.

On one hand, this is great because if I ever get stuck in a snow storm ( snows so much in Houston, TX, lol) but i'd really like to be able to meditate for more than 5 minutes without sweating and getting really hot. I thought maybe it was my I tried meditating in the buff......same thing. I get tingling sensations, then the heat starts and it just continues.

Anybody have any tips? Thanks in advance.
At first, I thought I was going crazy...but then the gummy bears and unicorn told me I was just fine.

Re: hot meditation 22 Feb 2012 13:40 #51303

First and foremost, I think learning how to focus your Force energy through the centers of your body may help. You may have blockages or too much yang Force energy. Acupuncture is a useful too but bringing your Force energy into your lower dan tien after meditation will help to stop blockages in your Force meridians (like stale pools of murky water).

Re: hot meditation 22 Feb 2012 13:52 #51304

Not something I have experienced personally in meditation.

Over-heating and sweating can be the bodies way of releasing certain toxins and when you meditate your body becomes more in tune so this might be why it occurs then.

I used to get overly hot and sweat quite easily in everyday life but this has stopped since I cut nicotine and caffeine out as both drugs stimulate the body in such a way that can cause it to overheat. I am not sure if you indulge in either of these drugs but cutting them out if you do may help.

Re: hot meditation 23 Feb 2012 10:35 #51371

I don't smoke (can't even stand around people who are smoking) and I only have one coke a day. No drugs. I am in the middle of changing my diet, which consists of mainly sugary and greasy food. But here is something I discovered.

A.) Perhaps I am trying to force energy into me. Instead of visualizing a white light flowing gently into me through my crown chakra and filling me up, I envisioned a large beam of light surging into me even after I've visualized it filling me up. So it's as if i'm constantly filling myself with energy even i'm i'm already filled up.

B.) Naturally, i'm a pyro. The slightest little spark makes me perk up. I get a natural, soothing feeling around fire, even if it's just a small flame. Perhaps this is contributing, as in the back of my subconscious mind, i'm visualizing fire as it is something that causes me to relax? If this is the case, how do I tell my subconscious to stop visualizing and associating fire with relaxation?

These are just my theories. Theory A would be pretty easy to work out, but theory B, I have no idea how to even begin to reprogram my brain... especially if it is subconscious as I believe.
At first, I thought I was going crazy...but then the gummy bears and unicorn told me I was just fine.
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • When is it enough? (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • i went back to school, got financial aid, used it to buy a van - which is now my roaming aprtment, but hopefuply next semester i can live in the student housing im still looking for steady job that i can do with the full time academic schedule, and having a vehicle makes a big difference my judgement was that a ride, especially one i can sleep in when i have to, is better than a home since i didnt (dont) have the money for both theres a gym near my mother's place (who is kind enough to let me get a shower and sleep on her floor a couple times a week) which has 10 dollar a month plan, also the campus has a fitness room and locker/shower room even having a couple semesters of community college, statistically raises your yearly income by several thousand in the usa, although exact numbers require a bunch of specific details not going to get into here but basically if you havent ever recieved financial aid then you are eligible for it if you choose to go to school i dont know if thats even an option for you but if so then its worth really honestly considering
    • Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • I've been playing Star Wars: Uprising and it's an okay game. I lost interest in it after about two weeks. This game looks to be a bit more fun and includes Jedi, which is always a plus.
    • The Thread of Balance (Last post by Rickie)
    • You're asking on how to find balance when you need it the most? Taking a nap helps. Sometimes listening to classical music or staring into the fish tank.
    • I think people are falling for it (Last post by Adder)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: I'm not even sure if it could have flown at that low of an altitude at that speed because of down-draft. What do you mean by down draft? Do you mean wind shear? Down Draft is a new concept that is not being studied at this time because it can't be replicated in the wind tunnel without major changes, and even the wind tunnel here at Boeing is in constant use for regular R&D; and the FAA will not allow planes to fly at ground level at full speed. The basics of aeronautical lift are that because the top surface of the wing is curved, and the bottom surface is flat, that air traveling under the wing has to slow down to meet up with the air going over the top. This slow down creates a cushion of air that pushes the wing up, thus achieving flight. The theory of Down Draft is that the size of this cushion of air under the wing is dependent on the size of the wing, and the speed of the airplane. If a 757 was traveling at full speed, at ground level (or just above the ground enough for the engines not to drag), the force of the air going under the wing would have caused a significant cushion of air that would have physically pushed the airplane up, like two magnets pushing away from each other. Again, this is a theory that is too impractical and dangerous to test, so it's a bunch of aerospace geeks wondering "what if". Oh so not a weather phenomena. Ya got any links? Pressure differential occurs between both the top and bottom of wings AFAIK but I get that the higher pressure experienced on the lower surface of the wing could be indicative of some body of higher pressure air beneath the wing. I'm not sure it would extend very far though, especially at speed.... now I really want to see pressure diagrams to find out :lol: Edit; perhaps they had to research this when designing the B1B bomber, as it was designed to operate at low level and most of the body itself appears to be a lifting surface! Might be a place to look if declassified. I've liked reading about aerodynamics in the past so its not completely foreign to me, but I don't know enough about it... and AFAIK most of the non-weather related risks at low level are at airports were things like helicopters next to runway thresholds can cause turbulence, and of course wake turbulence from previous traffic. Otherwise the military spend a lot of time flying very low and also in formations, and in various sized aircraft - but I don't have any first hand experience and am not 'in the business'. Or do you just mean ground effect? I've never heard ground effect stopping an aircraft from flying lower, just changing the trim required to maintain level flight down there... or as the terrorists flying would have down, just pitched into it.
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by CryojenX)
    • I'm having it tough enough just trying to keep motivated to work on the IP through my depression without you needling me for apparently making the wrong choice of book for my world religion essays. So I'm studying a book on Judaism written by a Rabbi and yousee fit to assume that I'll be completely pro-religion bias in all my work and won't say a single negative thing about Daesh or the Crusades. Bravo for you! You know how to make ridiculous leaps of logic that have zero basis in reality! WHOOPDEE DOOO!!
    • Wisdom repeated back to you.. :) (Last post by KageKeeper)
    • Quote: I have a different thing happening. When I was younger, I would reject wisdom out of hand sometimes from older generations. Now, as I have come through the years, I realize that in many ways it is true that youth can be wasted on the young, and that some things, you simply have to live long enough to truly understand or appreciate. I find I am the one now, as a father, a teacher, etc, that repeats the wisdom. This is also so very true. It is such a unique perspective to see our kids doing exactly what we did at their age, including ignoring all advice and wisdom from OUR parents. :D
    • Jedi Bush-trackers... (Last post by carlos.martinez3)
    • Quote: Quote: a tip for starting fires without a match.... So far, I have successfully started fire with every "element" (whether Classical or Wu Xing) except water. It's next on my list. My favorite method, however, is the fire piston. [video] omg im a fan but that takes some clear working knowledge.
    • Videos not showing (Last post by Tellahane)
    • Quote: I'm finding since the change to https that I'm not seeing some people's videos, even though it's clear others can see them. This is happening on both my mac and my work pc.. (I use Firefox). It's not going to be cache issues etc because my browser clears it on each closure. Anyone any ideas? On the videos I've seen problems with in the past, videos that were put in before the https change, have a url to the http:// version of the site, and most browsers will block content of non secure stuff when your on a secure page. The fix would be to update the links of videos to their https versions, ie just adding the s will work because youtube has the same secure pages as well. It's just up to going back to those videos and fixing the links in most cases. For example: http: // will not show https: // will show videos added after the change I believe have the correct https automatically, but ones in posts from before hand doesn't, so any videos still at the old links in posts will not show by default via your browsers security, and its settings. some browsers you can kill the security settings and have it show no matter what, but I don't recommend that unless its a browser you don't do anything secure on at all, ie log into your bank or paypal or webmail etc. Just need to go back and fix any video links that are now broken.
    • Live Your Legend (Last post by Goken)
    • Quote: Quote: I learned though, that I needed to be empty to discover what I really wanted to be filled with. Very profound! Can I use this for something I'm writing for the Temple? Absolutely. B)
    • saber build (Last post by RyuJin)
    • the saberstaff...gave it a twirl's a bit heavier than i expected, other than that it works well despite being over 8 feet long...and despite its weight it moves quite fast using the lotus spin (darth maul's twirling technique)...with a bit of practice to remove my rust it'll be quite impressive... [attachment]

There are 512 visitors, 6 guests and 55 members online (2  in chat): Br. John, Zanthan Storm, Jon, Jestor, Connor L., Adder, Darren, Desolous, Proteus, Luthien, Locksley, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Timberwolf, Archaic Smile, Lykeios, KageKeeper, Kamizu, Kohadre, Senan, Zenchi, peace, Jamie Stick, carlos.martinez3, Cabur Senaar, Arkayik, den385, MrBruno, fefok, Atticus509, Adi Vas, Mael, Ke JinnDakken, Skryym, Almeida, magmon, McNulty, Colonial73, BionicPianoMan, CanadianVaquero, Kayota Cor, Chahta, Lorcon, Airen2814.

Follow Us