hot meditation

Moderators: Desolous, Reliah

hot meditation 22 Feb 2012 13:15 #51300

I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue, and if anyone can help me with it. I've recently started to be able to drift off into meditative states. However, when I get into a meditative state, I can't stay in it for very long because I begin to get too hot. Sometimes so much that it causes discomfort.

This is fine for when i'm doing Reiki, as the heat helps in the healing process, but for normal meditative state, it's just uncomfortable. Actually, it's like that in my Reiki as well but it takes longer for it to become uncomfortable.

So, is there something i'm doing wrong here? What I can do to not get so hot when meditating? I was getting into a meditative state at work today. A coworker sat down right next to me and asked if I had been outside. I said no and asked why and they said they could feel heat coming off of me.

On one hand, this is great because if I ever get stuck in a snow storm (because...you know...it snows so much in Houston, TX, lol) but i'd really like to be able to meditate for more than 5 minutes without sweating and getting really hot. I thought maybe it was my clothing...so I tried meditating in the buff......same thing. I get tingling sensations, then the heat starts and it just continues.

Anybody have any tips? Thanks in advance.
At first, I thought I was going crazy...but then the gummy bears and unicorn told me I was just fine.

Re: hot meditation 22 Feb 2012 13:40 #51303

First and foremost, I think learning how to focus your Force energy through the centers of your body may help. You may have blockages or too much yang Force energy. Acupuncture is a useful too but bringing your Force energy into your lower dan tien after meditation will help to stop blockages in your Force meridians (like stale pools of murky water).

Re: hot meditation 22 Feb 2012 13:52 #51304

Not something I have experienced personally in meditation.

Over-heating and sweating can be the bodies way of releasing certain toxins and when you meditate your body becomes more in tune so this might be why it occurs then.

I used to get overly hot and sweat quite easily in everyday life but this has stopped since I cut nicotine and caffeine out as both drugs stimulate the body in such a way that can cause it to overheat. I am not sure if you indulge in either of these drugs but cutting them out if you do may help.

MTFBWY

Re: hot meditation 23 Feb 2012 10:35 #51371

I don't smoke (can't even stand around people who are smoking) and I only have one coke a day. No drugs. I am in the middle of changing my diet, which consists of mainly sugary and greasy food. But here is something I discovered.

A.) Perhaps I am trying to force energy into me. Instead of visualizing a white light flowing gently into me through my crown chakra and filling me up, I envisioned a large beam of light surging into me even after I've visualized it filling me up. So it's as if i'm constantly filling myself with energy even i'm i'm already filled up.

B.) Naturally, i'm a pyro. The slightest little spark makes me perk up. I get a natural, soothing feeling around fire, even if it's just a small flame. Perhaps this is contributing, as in the back of my subconscious mind, i'm visualizing fire as it is something that causes me to relax? If this is the case, how do I tell my subconscious to stop visualizing and associating fire with relaxation?

These are just my theories. Theory A would be pretty easy to work out, but theory B, I have no idea how to even begin to reprogram my brain... especially if it is subconscious as I believe.
At first, I thought I was going crazy...but then the gummy bears and unicorn told me I was just fine.
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • The problem is the personal, and solitary aspects ... (Last post by Edan)
    • Quote: Jestor or Edan, or even Rosalyn, I charge one of you or someone more willing with the task of creating a thread to the following(because this is off-topic from this post): Create a thread that asks what is someone’s Ideal Jedi Temple, digital or physical or otherwise? Describe what it would be like to go from an initiate all the way up to potentially one day a master. How long it would take, what kind of lessons would you teach(like topics etc), how you would do those teachings, what you would expect of those learning vs those teaching etc. I appreciate what you have talked about in your post and you have some good thoughts, but I feel like we've had that particular discussion multiple times. My personal feeling is that TOTJO should refine what it has. Talking about the future often ends up with arguments about things that are usually irrelevant. Plus, everyone has a different idea about how to get to 'master' (what is one anyway? ;) )... It's always good to reevaluate what one is doing, but it could be possible to throw the baby out with the bathwater when some of what TOTJO's got works. Quote: For those who stay and do the IP and become knighthood you likely did so because you agree to the system and the beliefs and the path that is laid out, and thus won’t find any problems in it. Which is where you end up with the divide between those who think its fine and are doing right and those who do honestly believe there are problems. If they aren’t truly aware yet of what those problems actually are. If only you could see into the knight forum, you would see this isn't true :) Knights discuss (and argue sometimes!) over what is happening very often. One of the reasons I no longer have a rank is due to my differing views on the way some things work. Going through something like the IP and apprentice system only means that it is accepted (for now), not that it is felt to be without problem.
    • TOTJO Clergy Structure (Last post by Edan)
    • As long as the person volunteering believes they can keep it up I don't mind who does it. Anyway, I'm not one who can demand anyone be of rank any more :P
    • Initiation programme (Last post by Rahzai)
    • The mythology I find myself following is Norse, though like others have stated, I don't necessarily believe there is a giant snake encircling our world, or giant wolves chasing the sun and Moon. I will, however, offer prayers to gods and goddesses in hopes of influencing an action (best example I have is my friends and I offering prayers to Loki, who is the Norse god of fire, when we were having trouble lighting the grill)
    • Harriet Tubman to be on new US $20 bill (Last post by Goken)
    • Quote: Or, we could just leave things alone and stop being overly sensative to things that were created years ago. We have enough BS to deal with. The images on paper is not worth all this attention. I am inclined to agree that there are more pressing matters. But I think it is still important. What is on our money is literally a depiction of what we value as a country. Now I'm a white male so my entire life when I've seen money I've seen myself represented as part of the demographic that this country values, even if I only thought that subconsciously. I can't say for sure, but I'm willing to bet that there are people of minorities out there who, when looking at the currency of the nation that they live in, feel under valued. These are the people that we respect enough to put on the very thing that has the most value in society and they are all old, rich, white guys. And the guy we're discussing replacing is not exactly known for all of his great deeds. Granted, this could all also be a bigger deal to me because I work at a bank so stuff involving our money is kind of on the forefront of things I worry about. :laugh:
    • Meditation Tracks - 94 Minutes on Dagobah (Last post by Cayce)
    • So I just saw this pop up on my newsfeed while I was sipping tea on a break at work. I've been listening to it for a bit now, and it's utterly wonderful. Super chill, high quality, varied sounds... really want to try meditating with this on later. Thought those of us in the temple who meditate, may get a kick out of this! I love background loops.
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Trisskar)
    • "Be really really careful mom." Keryn says as we carefully walk across a rocky parking island outside of the mall to our truck. "Be Really REeeeeeeally Careful!" "Thats right dear...We must be reeeeally careful when we - F*****!!!!" I Curse and hiss as one of the rocks roll and twist under my foot - thus causing my already injured foot to roll and twist - To which I hear a nice little "Pop!!" Yea....Not broken or damaged. No swelling....No bruising..... Again....I don't know how the heck I end up so lucky with my feet. But gorram.....It hurts. It really hurts :( "Be really careful mom." *Cries* But I WAS Being Careful!!! *CriesSomeMore*
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Goken)
    • I am grateful for the almost three day gap between rants in the rant thread. From anyone, not just from me. We can be happy folks, we proved it! :woohoo:
    • Application for Assistant Pastor for the Seminary (Last post by Rosalyn J)
    • The Synod is currently is looking for the right candidate for the position of Assistant Pastor for the Seminary and welcomes applications from interested Clergy members. Job Description: The Assistant Pastor for the Seminary is responsible for engagement and intake of new Seminarians (clerical trainees), assistance with their ongoing studies, and tracking the completion of Seminarian’s training journals. Additionally the Assistant Pastor for the Seminary assists in the procedural functioning and services of the Clergy including producing Sermons and providing pastoral care. Prerequisites for Application: Must be a Knight and at least a Licensed Minster in the Clergy Must be in good standing with the Temple How to Apply: To apply please send a message to Rosalyn J You may, if you wish, explain why you would like to fill this position. Closing Date for Applications: Thursday, May 14, 23:59 UTC Inquiries regarding the position or the application process should be sent in a PM to Rosalyn J
    • Adventure and excitement? (Last post by Proteus)
    • Can you live with yourself and accept your typically dull and boring life happily without relying so much on brain-drug inducing thrills and vicariously experienced entertainment? Can you accept it for what it most simply is without a lot of that additional noise? This is not to say you should not endeavor these things. It is to say that a Jedi's discipline to be who they really and most authentically are thrives from the ability to be unattached to these things.
    • "Five Love Languages" (Last post by baru)
    • I enjoyed reading this book. I would appreciate others reading it because it can give a common laguage for people to express how they give and receive appreciation and care. If someone can tell me how I can best demonstrate my appreciation in a way that can be received, imagine how affective connections would be.
    • "Camping’ on Your Own Land is Now Illegal — G... (Last post by baru)
    • The Gov has a wonderful job to do. I wish that they just did that. Telling individuals what they can and can not do for themselves and by themselves is not necessarily it. I dream of a world that is self sustaining. Imagine how amazing life would be if everyone was expected to accommodate for their own food, water, and energy? IF every house was able to provide its own needs? Yes, that might limit some freedoms and give us others.

There are 41 visitors, 9 guests and 26 members online (3  in chat): Firewolf, ren, Trisskar, Proteus, PatrickB, Archon, Kit, Avalonslight, Cabur Senaar, Aqua, Tarran, Loudzoo, Adi, Tellahane, Ke JinnDakken, MadHatter, Gwinn, Kyrin Wyldstar, Snowy Aftermath, homb-ray, robdegrey, sNe1a, Xia Diconaghi, Golem, Jedi Traceur, StarrShyne, Kori, Tahl, Akayuki, KerriBear37, Kevin0530, Rage.

Follow Us