hot meditation

Moderators: Desolous, tzb

hot meditation 22 Feb 2012 13:15 #51300

I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue, and if anyone can help me with it. I've recently started to be able to drift off into meditative states. However, when I get into a meditative state, I can't stay in it for very long because I begin to get too hot. Sometimes so much that it causes discomfort.

This is fine for when i'm doing Reiki, as the heat helps in the healing process, but for normal meditative state, it's just uncomfortable. Actually, it's like that in my Reiki as well but it takes longer for it to become uncomfortable.

So, is there something i'm doing wrong here? What I can do to not get so hot when meditating? I was getting into a meditative state at work today. A coworker sat down right next to me and asked if I had been outside. I said no and asked why and they said they could feel heat coming off of me.

On one hand, this is great because if I ever get stuck in a snow storm (because...you know...it snows so much in Houston, TX, lol) but i'd really like to be able to meditate for more than 5 minutes without sweating and getting really hot. I thought maybe it was my clothing...so I tried meditating in the buff......same thing. I get tingling sensations, then the heat starts and it just continues.

Anybody have any tips? Thanks in advance.
At first, I thought I was going crazy...but then the gummy bears and unicorn told me I was just fine.

Re: hot meditation 22 Feb 2012 13:40 #51303

First and foremost, I think learning how to focus your Force energy through the centers of your body may help. You may have blockages or too much yang Force energy. Acupuncture is a useful too but bringing your Force energy into your lower dan tien after meditation will help to stop blockages in your Force meridians (like stale pools of murky water).

Re: hot meditation 22 Feb 2012 13:52 #51304

Not something I have experienced personally in meditation.

Over-heating and sweating can be the bodies way of releasing certain toxins and when you meditate your body becomes more in tune so this might be why it occurs then.

I used to get overly hot and sweat quite easily in everyday life but this has stopped since I cut nicotine and caffeine out as both drugs stimulate the body in such a way that can cause it to overheat. I am not sure if you indulge in either of these drugs but cutting them out if you do may help.

MTFBWY

Re: hot meditation 23 Feb 2012 10:35 #51371

I don't smoke (can't even stand around people who are smoking) and I only have one coke a day. No drugs. I am in the middle of changing my diet, which consists of mainly sugary and greasy food. But here is something I discovered.

A.) Perhaps I am trying to force energy into me. Instead of visualizing a white light flowing gently into me through my crown chakra and filling me up, I envisioned a large beam of light surging into me even after I've visualized it filling me up. So it's as if i'm constantly filling myself with energy even i'm i'm already filled up.

B.) Naturally, i'm a pyro. The slightest little spark makes me perk up. I get a natural, soothing feeling around fire, even if it's just a small flame. Perhaps this is contributing, as in the back of my subconscious mind, i'm visualizing fire as it is something that causes me to relax? If this is the case, how do I tell my subconscious to stop visualizing and associating fire with relaxation?

These are just my theories. Theory A would be pretty easy to work out, but theory B, I have no idea how to even begin to reprogram my brain... especially if it is subconscious as I believe.
At first, I thought I was going crazy...but then the gummy bears and unicorn told me I was just fine.
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Loooong apprenticeships (Last post by rugadd)
    • Quote: Mumble grumble, i'm getting there, don't rush me.... :dry: Irony being you are the only one to tell me to hurry up and finish the IP! :laugh:
    • Videos not working? (Last post by Wescli Wardest)
    • I don't know if it's just me, but I have found that when a video doesn't want to post the way I think it should if I right click on the video itself and copy the URL from there it tends to be quite successful. I know that doesn’t help anyone on a phone. And I have NO idea why it would make a difference. But it has resolved the issue for me several times before.
    • How to Find Out If Your Penis Is a Normal Size (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • Quote: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA :blink: :silly: :laugh: :cheer: deep breath.... bahahahahahaahahahhahahaahhahah Ok... i think I got that out my system. lol this was fun to read but, for the reference of others, this is not the most productive reaction to someone wondering if their penis is normal!
    • [New book project] Letters to new Jedi (Last post by Edan)
    • Bump! I have had a few more people, but I am still after more. Please please consider doing this, writing a letter shouldn't take you too long, and it's for the benefit of our future new Jedi :)
    • Yoga Camp (Last post by Edan)
    • Yoga Camp - Day 21 - 'I Believe' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNKBmAoUA-8&list=PLui6Eyny-Uzx5BRNB2_Kvycrn5h9OsaHC&index=22
    • Favourite words (Last post by Jamie Kay)
    • Cafe Coffee Banjo Bluegrass Haberdashery Hootenanny Hullabaloo Jazz Randomosity Shenanigans Skulduggery Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Superfluous Tomfoolery
    • What do you think (Last post by carlos.martinez3)
    • Quote: Quote: What do you think about all the metaphors my Temple? You think they are usefull? Hindrance? Anything that makes you think is a good thing. Anything that expands your awareness and loosens up ridged opinion is good. I don't know if I could live without them. ;-) Right! I feel ya they are in every religion sect story penned it seems. Thanks for the post
    • Have you killed a human ?? (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • Quote: I understand that feeling, but having been through that outcome way more times than I could count, I can tell you from experience that it's not an accurate perspective. Someone's heart stops, that person is unfortunately dead. Sometimes we can turn that around with CPR and medications. But when what we can do isn't sufficient, we should consider forgiving ourselves for not being omnipotent gods. :) Blessings for what you did do for that unfortunate person. I'm sorry the end result couldn't have been better. Thank you, I truly appreciate your words
    • Monthly Council Reports Transparency (Last post by MadHatter)
    • I have read and watched over this thread and would like to offer my own view on the matter. First of all I think that the fact is that this place is far more open about what is going on then many other places on the web. I mean how many other web forums or churches have the members voting and discussing things at a particular level? How many post a news letter? Most web forums or churches I was a part of didnt let me know or have a say in squat unless it was a decree that such and such had changed. Even when I was a moderator for a major dating site I had no say in anything. That was the web designers and board that ran it. Secondly how much information and time do we demand from the council? I mean as has been said the Knights discuss a lot and frankly I am fine with that as well a say should be earned through some process in my opinion. Knighthood is as good a method as anything I could think of. So outside of the Knights voting and discussing on most of the issues what do we want? I mean there has to be some limits on this so that things dont get bogged down and stagnant. Finally this is just a personal observation but I agree with Jestor on the fact that its ironic that we are demanding so much transparency from the Temple when most of us dont even know what laws are being discussed in our towns. We demand to know how a church works that at best impacts us minimally as far as rules go. Yet we dont even know what laws are up for vote that could make us felons. To close there is a lot of optimistic talk about what should be but very good reasons have been give as to why it cant be that way. It reminds me of a quote from family guy:" Ah, Shouldland, where clean-cut kids cruise Shouldland Boulevard, and the Shouldland High football team gets their optimistic a$%@* kicked by their crosstown rival, Reality Check Tech."
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Trisskar)
    • Ya know....when you say you are going to do something...generally...it is best to do it....or not say it at all. No worries....its not like I needed it or anything.....
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Jamie Kay)
    • I'm grateful for all the wonderful moments my mother and I shared. I'm grateful that in the end, I was able to see her again and talk with her. And I'm grateful that I still have my father and grandmother in my life, and an extraordinary family here in Georgia.
    • Why Not... (Last post by TheDude)
    • I don't like the dogmatic aspect of Christianity or the proselytizing aspect of it. Stripping away the story of the bible and leaving only the ethics (also setting aside the dogmatism) you're left with a kinda decent ethical system, but no argument is really made in favor of any of it other than the dogmatic or fear-mongering arguments (e.g. "if you don't believe/follow this, you're going to hell.") so I find philosophical publications more useful for finding relatable ethical stances. Overall, I don't agree with the vast majority of metaphysics, history, ethics, politics, etc. found in the bible, new or old testament (I was raised Jewish, so I'm more familiar with the old testament), so there's really no reason why I would be a Christian.
    • A Question about Love (Last post by TheDude)
    • What do you mean by "love"? I love both my mother and father. I love my girlfriend. I love my friends. Aren't these different "loves"s with different qualities? Because I think a lesbian can love a man as a parent loves a child, or a child loves a parent, and a lesbian can love a man as a friend. But someone who's purely lesbian won't likely ever have any kind of romantic love for a man.

There are 221 visitors, 5 guests and 24 members online (3  in chat): Br. John, RyuJin, baru, Adder, Proteus, Rosalyn J, PatrickB, Lykeios, Joxman, Brenna, Kit, tzb, TheDude, Adi, Tellahane, MadHatter, Gwinn, Kyrin Wyldstar, Snowy Aftermath, Ryder, Amaterasu, Leah Starspectre, Blitz7737, Arisaig, Camden, Jutus, LMaddox.

Follow Us