Channeling Energy

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #47943 by
Channeling Energy was created by
Im sure you guys will understand what im trying to get at with this topic but it is much to vast for me to go into the extreme detail that surrounds this topic so i will give a couple examples and an outline to my thinking.

Why waste energy on lesser emotions when you can learn to control them, and channel that energy into a force more useful to the situation. Take for example anger, anger pumps us up makes us stronger gives us that drive to take things further. so channel that raw emotion and turn it into strength to carry a wounded friend or fear channeled to keep us on our toes and ready. Fear controlled heightens all of our senses makes us quick and agile. the mind is a powerful thing and force control starts here

Those are only a couple of examples but it really does run deep. One person can effect the mood of a room which then effects other situations in the long term, its like the butterfly effect but in terms of energy manipulation. I once read about an experiment they did in japan where they planted two identical rice seeds in two isolated rooms. in one room they praised the plant as it grew, told it they loved it played music for it read it stories anything considered positive. Whereas in the other room they cursed at the plant called it useless disgusting said they hated it. and the results were quite dramatic in every experiment. even though physically they raised the plants the same way the energy surrounding it made an amazing difference. In every test the plant they praised grew bigger, stronger, healthier, more rice then the one they cursed and hated. which brings up the point of controlled energy. Nobody had any real reason to hate that plant yet they were able to still bring that negative energy and in tern effect how it grew. The force is very real make no mistake about it i just thought id share that story.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #47948 by
Replied by on topic Re: Channeling Energy
A very good point. One thing I learned with anger is that it can make you a loose cannon. Before when I would get angered, I'd become very violent and often fight my antagonist which we all know is not what we are supposed to do. Now if I am to be angered, I channel that energy to gym or punching bags where I do my martial arts training. But even then this is still not a good practice. I need to learn to control this energy and abolish the negative parts and keep this burst of energy for something good. I very much see your point when you say use that energy for something else. Its really something i need to start considering.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #47951 by
I am glad you can connect with this idea Tucskin, and trust me that is far from the worst way I've heard to channel negative energy haha! It all comes down to a state of mind and being disciplined enough to control such strong emotion. I believe it is something we can all master in time I know for myself I have a long way to go.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #47955 by
Think of the Force, or your emotions, like water. When it flows gently, there is less power there, but it is easier to focus and direct to the place you want it. When it flows more strongly, it is more powerful, but can be uncontrollable, splashing every which way, and perhaps even jerking out of your grip and spraying everywhere, perhaps causing harm to property, yourself, or others.

It's really the difference between pouring out of a glass and turning on a fire hose.

EDIT: Just thought I'd expand - by trying to focus the energy more while it's flowing strong, all you end up doing is tightening the flow and causing more pressure to build up and force it out even faster, stronger, and more destructively.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by . Reason: Continuing a thought.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #47981 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Channeling Energy
Some of that power might come from the actions of the sympathetic nervous system's fight or flight response, but in the same way that this system seems to be involved in subconscious detection of threats it might also allow a pathway for any subconscious capacity to detect or interact with the Force which could define what we might mean by a term such as Force-Sensitive - that I'm not sure about yet but hope to discover.

If you think about how herding animals sense and react to threats as a pack its not hard to imagine that the subconscious keeps track of signals and involuntary cue's from the rest of the 'herd', that we do not consciously notice. Here is an interesting video about subconscious and conscious information processing (I prefer to use subconscious but they use the term unconscious);

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6S9OidmNZM

I think this video shows (if you believe it!) that your brain can start signalling other functions of your body regarding actions before your conscious mind becomes aware of making the decision to act. When this process happens to recruit the sympathetic nervous system as the pre-conscious funtion, then I call it an emotion. When it reaches your consciousness its not a thought or a feeling, its both. When this happens you are being influenced by your subconscious based on the rules it makes decisions by. I think the Jedi path is strip away emotion and regain the control over your own bodies destiny. I do not though think this means ignore feelings, as these represent important sources of information. Similarily it would be good to be able to use the functions of the sympathetic nervous system - if we could somehow harness them consciously in some way to get the benefits of the extra power and focus without having to lose aspects of control in the process which occurs when they are triggered by the subconscious.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Adder.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi