Fasting?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47414 by
Replied by on topic Re: Fasting?
And don't forget your daily vitamins and lots of water! You can get away with a lot in fasting (purposely or accidentally) as long as you are getting your basic nutrients!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47415 by

ren wrote: Living longer doesnt mean living well. People usually stop travelling on their own around 70, if they die at 80 it's ok, at 90 that's 20 years! So imagine at a 100 or more. What's the point if they're just going to stay in a home/hospoital. Certain things, no matter how good your diet, will go. Some of those things are your brain... Why spend years forgetting your life every 5 minutes.

Ren, you telling me you don't wanna be around to provide your wisdom to the next generation of Jedi? The young padawans need you, bro!!
Otherwise, I think there are things you can do earlier in life to prolong it. Being smart about exercise, diet, and intellectual/spiritual life are key components. Not changing too many of those variables. I think attitude can also be a determining factor. Having a healthy life shouldn't be about growing old. The cool thing about good health is that you can enjoy now and later!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47416 by
I tried fasting once and found that it just didn't have the effect I was looking for. I remember the fasting rituals during Lent, seemed to be meaningless. The point of fasting is to do what for the body or soul?

For a fit body, I started the South Beach diet and lost 30 lbs in 3 months. Decreased BP and Pulse, blood sugar and cholesterol. Did not fast but just ate in the correct proportions and time frames. The biggest plus was that I did not get crabby and angry as when I fasted. :whistle:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47417 by
I once did the Master Cleanse Fast (that a lot of people incorrectly label as a "diet"). 10 days on lemon wayer with maple syrup. I lost a couple of pounds of weight (unsurprisingly) but the main purpose was two-fold: 1) wean me off the high-salt, high-sugar, high-fat diet I was on; 2) give my digestive system a rest.

In those two things it was very successful but I couldn't have done any more than the 10 days - you're not supposed to do much moving around and I was feeling a bit weak by the end of it. So I think as long as you are aware of what you're doing and are prepared to stop if there are any adverse signs (or simply when you're body has had enough), fasting for small, well-spaced periods of time may be beneficial.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47439 by
I've done 3 day juice fasts before. I got really irritable but I don't think I was juicing nearly enough (4-6 times might be better than 3 times). I need to just stick it out and do a 10 day juice fast, but I'm working up to it. I'm looking to substitute most of my breakfasts out of the week with fresh juice first. It's improved my mood so far!

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 4 months ago #47442 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Fasting?

Ren, you telling me you don't wanna be around to provide your wisdom to the next generation of Jedi? The young padawans need you, bro!!

The plan is to retire to some overgrown forest and tell any smart arse who wants to learn something from me they have to go fight some armoured sith Lord who turns out to be their father. Or I'll just vanish into thin air if they're persistent. Or steal their food and make them eat poisonous roots. Maybe you'll see me teach in some crummy prequel. But it'll all be CGI, so that doesn't count. Plus, it would have to start with "an even longer time ago". I mean the production company would never go for that, right?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #47443 by
See? And that's exactly what the younglings will be missing! Someone's gotta teach em to not give a sh*t! In this, you are masterful, sir!!! lol
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Jestor. Reason: profanity...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47627 by
Alright! Proud to announce, I've been drinking fresh veggie/fruit juice for the past few days for breakfast, instead of the usual nothing at all or the arbitrary protein rich breakfast. Every part of the juice was attained from fresh veggies and fruit juices made with a juicer.
After just a few days, people started to notice I was losing weight. The last two days, I've been able to do some pretty intense workouts consuming nothing before hand but juice. I'm much more productive and my cognitive thinking is much clearer. I'm also much less irritable than I usually am, which is great news for my girlfriend who often bares the brunt of my impatience lol.
Not to mention I feel a mental high that I have not felt before. It's loopy, but it's also very clear. I've been been enjoying this. I really recommend buying a juicer. This is the best, most natural way to get all your vitamins, immune support, and energy. No more coffee!

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 4 months ago #47636 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Fasting?

No more coffee!

Yea, uhhh I love my coffee.... decaf/reg/whatever... Tea, V8, yup, down with those too...

Maybe I need a juicer...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47641 by
I have to keep hydrated in this dryer climate. Coffee doesn't help me! But this is much more sustained energy.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi