Aikido, Wing Chun, and Taekwondo

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 9 months ago #40363 by
I believe Aikido, Wing Chun, And Taekwondo are the best because these three styles together confirm the master techniques of Aikido, disabling your opponent instantly with painless approaches both for you and your opponent. Wing chun for trapping your opponents attacks with more painful approaches, and Taekwondo, the use of your most powerful hand to hand combat abilities, your feet plus the study of the most powerful techniques. I will have more on these techiniques posted in the martial arts section of the faq here.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 9 months ago #40380 by Jestor
There are a LOT of Martial Artists here....

Few have access to more than a couple of styles, really...

All contributions are, of course welcome, but to state one is better than another is merely to state an opinion...

I do happen to be a TKD practioner... I study MooDukKwon style... We are a combination of TKD, HapKiDo, and Judo... and, like I said, my opinion is this is best, but, possibly cause it is 6 blocks from my house, or that I am studying from a 70+ year old Korean GrandMster...

Who is to say?

All the Martial Arts have simlarities, just as all Religions have similarites...

There is a finite number of ways a body can move... My thinking is, once you have lived your life, practicing your style, the similarites become apparent, and the differences less so...

Whether a kick is called a round-house, wheel-kick, swing-kick.... The back legs swings around, snapping the lower half for a fullpower explosion of energy...

Best is subjective, and opinion...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 9 months ago #40381 by RyuJin
quite true...

i can't remember how many times we had debates in the back of the barracks during bootcamp about the names of techniques...

every style has strengths and weaknesses...once you've studied a few styles long enough you find they all more or less begin to blur together with only terminology keeping them seperate...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 9 months ago #40402 by
Greetings Each

Here's a thought...The true ART is within yourself.

Yours in the spirit of Budo

Mike

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 9 months ago #40406 by Jestor

MikeBudo wrote: ...The true ART is within yourself....

Quite true...

Some of us like the physical,(Martial Arts, sports, performance arts), some the more pleasing aestheticly to the eye (drawing, painting), some to the nose (smells of candles, food), to the touch(cloth, etc), to the hearing (music, sounds of nature)....

Part of who we are defines this within us, makes us who we are...

Most of us prefer multiple choices of the arts...

The beauty, and poetry, of a body in motion is something many here find intoxicating....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 9 months ago #40411 by
Greetings Each

Aye. Totally agree with you there Master Jester :) I find the physical side binds like minded people together , assuming they are of the same mind that is.

Yours in Budo

Mike

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 9 months ago #40413 by RyuJin
to truly balance mind,body,and spirit dabbling in mental arts, physical arts, and spiritual arts makes sense...we simply have to "feel" what arts draw us in.

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi