Wrestling

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2209 by
Wrestling was created by
I see all these Martial Arts posts here and I was wondering is anyone as passioate about wrestling as me? The diffrent types, technices, the whole life style, I love it all. Any other wrestlers out there tell me what you think. For you non-wrestlers you can ask us questions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2210 by
Replied by on topic Re:Wrestling
I was a professional mma fighter here in Utah, though it wasn't as much wrestling as I would have liked, the ameture wrestlers gave me a good workout, though I must say the best for me is greco-roman and free style wrestling.

Though the one fight I won was a kickboxing match and it was do to dislocating the kids shoulder (I blocked his punch with a ninjutsu counter strike), and I couldn't deal with that 'coz I knew what it would do but instincts kicked in so I left, that kid has healed great now and is on a wining streak lol.

Nice thread by the way!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2211 by
MMA I want to get into that. I have heard that wrestlers have an advantage in MMA because of the grapiling aspect. is this true?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2230 by
Actually it is a tie with the jujutsu and brazilian jiujutsu people, thoughI can say I had a match with a kid that was still in free style wrestling competitions and he couldn't put a reverse choke hold on if his life depended on it, he had it locked on my chin and he referee thought I tapped when I was pushing his elbow up to break the hold.......
But that is the past, if you can do it I say learn as many arts as you can a well rounded individual always knows how to handle any situation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2268 by
I've got a friend trying to get me into the Brazillian JuJitsu stuff here on base, but he pays like 50 a month for about 3 hours a week, that just seems rediculous to me. I suppose it'd be more if we lived in a bigger city, so I shouldn't complain, not that I'm really interested. Its good to know how to grapple, I've done some with my Marine Corps martial arts, which is enough for my liking, I just wish I got to practice it more. The other guy I work with is trying to get me into those MMA competitions, which I guess I should be flattered, but I think he just thinks because of my build and athleticism I could win, and he thinks he can coach me to win. He lost pretty bad (like got some teeth knocked out pretty bad) in his first real match, so I think he wants to be part of a winning team or something. I personally don't care to be any kind of prize fighter. I have wrestled with my best friend back home, but that was long before I learned to grapple from the Corps, so he used to toss me around, but I'm pretty sure I could take him now, but its not normal for grown men to wrestle each other for fun, is it? Anywho, maybe I could find some of the moves in drawing, that we learn for MCMAP and post them up, I'm not sure if it'd be allowed though, it could be aiding the enemy, if they got thier hands on this site. We'll see I guess.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3131 by
hello wreslers. i alsow wresle nothing fansey just the free styell / olimpick styell the type you genrley fined in hi school and universtyes. i love is. i ame not at the cloub now a days becos of may schuguaill wil not alow it. wean i get may dojo runing ful time i plane on gowing back i nead at least 1 thing that is may own and that i ame not teching i get to be a student i like that.
it is good to see that thear is othear wrestlers nomater wot you type is
mouse

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi