food recipes

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #4835 by
Replied by on topic Re:food recipes
Okay, here is my own personal chicken recipe, this one is inspired (because i can't call it trully mexican) mexican BBQ'd boneless skinless chicken. Great for burritos, taco's, or like my fiancee, straight up. And feel free to tweak it if you need to.

Ingredience

1 package of boneless skinless chicken, we prefere breasts or breast tenderloin, the bags we buy usually come with 8 peices
Marinade, your own or mine
Seasons (for the rub)
2 Tbls:
Garlic Powder or salt (remember if you’re using salt, do not use regular salt)
Onion Powder
Salt
Pepper
Cumin
3-6 (depending on your taste)
Chicken Seasoning
Chilli powder
(the rub needs so much because it will be sticking to the chicken, much more then usual seasons do)
Clean BBQ Grill (not clean will stick, I speak from experience, and if you are afraid it will anyway, go ahead and spray it down with cooking oil or wipe it using cooking oil and a paper towel)
Aluminum foil, of any sort, just to hold the heat in

Marinade
(my measurment aren't exact because i never use exact measurments)
-About 2 cps Oil, any kind will do, i use the cheap stuff, lol
-About 1/4 cp vineger, you might say eww but most have it, look on the label.
-About 1/4 cp soy sauce or other salty asian substitutes
-Seasons, you can add what ever you like, i add about:
1 Tbls of the following
Garlic Powder (or salt if you don't want to add salt)
Onion Powder
Salt
Pepper
Cumin (it's mostly for smell)
Chicken Seasoning (there are a variety at local stores) This is the main one, add as much as you like, i add anywhere from 1-3 Tbls
I add about 3-4 Tbls of chilli powder

Instructions
Marinade chicken overnight or for at least 1 hour, in any container you might have that can hold all the peices.
Remove chicken and rub with more seasons (some people only marinade some people only rub, i do both), now move out to your BBQ grill. Place each (or all that you can fit) onto grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each side with the lid down, flip and cook another 5 minutes, lid down. I usually eye ball it, once the chicken starts to look white half way up the side I flip. I usually flip twice just to be on the safe side, if you want it to have that pretty grilled zig zag then you will want to, just flip and turn it about 90 degrees. When done place in aluminum foil and fold it up tight, the chicken will continue to cook in the pouch, you can leave it in there for about ½ an hour with no problem. If you remove it and it is still not cooked all the way threw (hasn’t happened to me yet) you can either return it to your (more then likely still hot) grill, or you can return it to the pouch and finish it in the oven.
If you decide to use this recipe for shredded chicken, I suggest using the juices that develop in the bag, the chicken will be juicy, but the extra juice never hurts.

Bon Appetite

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #5623 by
Replied by on topic Re:food recipes
Since we all know that chocolate is a food group (along with Nutella)

Secret Recipe Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

½ cup rolled oats, quick or regular
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 eggs
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place rolled oats in blender or food processor and process until finely ground. Combine ground oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a mixing bowl (if you don’t like cinnamon, just leave it out).

2. In another bowl, cream butter, sugars, vanilla and lemon juice together using an electric mixer. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.

3. Stir the flour mixture into egg mixture, blending well. Add the chocolate chips to the dough and mix well. Using two spoons form balls and place on baking sheets.

4. Bake until cookies are lightly browned, 18 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in a sealed container.

Personal notes:

Chocolate chips can be an assortment of chocolates (milk, white, bitter). Add 1 ½ cups chopped walnuts for nutty flavor if you like, or add some dates! Baking times vary from oven to oven, so check frequently.

Eat them hot!

Enjoy!

I like to give this recipe to brides (we all know that love goes through the stomach, at least according to a German proverb)

Please don't get all feminist on me, I have yet to see a man able to bake (who is not a chef), my hubby is French, cooks great but could not follow a baking recipe if his life depended on it (he likes to improve...)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi