Is Reiki a form of Force power?

More
10 Oct 2019 13:43 #344237 by Carlos.Martinez3
I placed this over here but it may need to be moved somewhere else- mods feel free to adjust accordingly.


So, in seeking the Force and all it is possible - the tendency to "gloob" idea together isnt wrong but it does happen.
Is Reiki Force work? is it spiritual or can it be and how? Does things like this- the Mystic ideas and arts and practices fall under Jedi ism? Im not asking does it for some one else or for the masses but those who do use it as such or seek it as that gem, can we hear from you? Do they correlate or do they parallel or even, are- what we actually practice- not others - is that what we call the Force?
There is no limit to what can be learned and posted so feel free to express yourselves. May the Force continue to be with those who seek it! May it continue to be with yall! Pastor Carlos

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2019 13:51 #344240 by Brick
No, it isn't :laugh:

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reliah, Kohadre, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2019 14:12 #344242 by Kohadre
It's deeply upsetting to see that this community will intentionally ignore any facts and evidence presented to it, relevant to the topics of "force powers" or other supernatural phenomenon.

Despite having evidence presented that these topics are founded within racketeering and other dishonest practices, members of this community choose to remain intentionally ignorant and dismissive of said evidence. Instead, they choose to continue promoting and focusing their efforts on practices and beliefs that have no legitimate basis or connection to reality.

I'm disappointed that this is the direction the community seems to be going.

Remember the doctrine; embody the code.
Live the creed; embrace the 16 teachings.
Honor your vows.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Reliah, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, Brick, Casshern

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2019 14:18 #344243 by Fyxe
Why isnt it Brick? I have been told that energy the same no matter what. so maybe you dont think Reike is real or that the force is not real? what is your reason?

A true teacher would never tell you what to do. But he would give you the knowledge with which you could decide what would be best for you to do
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2019 14:59 #344244 by Carlos.Martinez3

Kohadre wrote: It's deeply upsetting to see that this community will intentionally ignore any facts and evidence presented to it, relevant to the topics of "force powers" or other supernatural phenomenon.

Despite having evidence presented that these topics are founded within racketeering and other dishonest practices, members of this community choose to remain intentionally ignorant and dismissive of said evidence. Instead, they choose to continue promoting and focusing their efforts on practices and beliefs that have no legitimate basis or connection to reality.

I'm disappointed that this is the direction the community seems to be going.


Please present them here ?!

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2019 15:18 #344245 by Carlos.Martinez3

Fyxe wrote: Why isnt it Brick? I have been told that energy the same no matter what. so maybe you dont think Reike is real or that the force is not real? what is your reason?



One of the qestions I often ask myself is - ( we can) I as the individual - is that what you claim- or is that what I claim? I claim personally it’s a part. A small part and even a fraction of what’s available and possible.
Do I use it ? Yup- often. Is it (this force of healing - reiki-) the only ? Nope - not for me. Hence a part of a much bigger piece is what I claim reiki for me to be. But fear - is a force as well as any other emotions. Some have hold , some don’t.
Some are part of other peoples definition of the Force - some arnt.
Why is it a disappointment to seek out that which we are not familiar with? Isn’t that the idea?
Often times I get upset or even - perturbed at my family because they keep doing the same thing over and over and over and over... till one day - the boy brings his lessons down on his own and says “dad, I don’t understand this one - can ya help me?” The most difficult thing in a modern Jeddist life to me is to watch others - what I think is fail -over and over again when In reality , it’s their process of learning - not mine and - they’re not failing - they are learning. What once upset , can some day look different like a learning process or even the flow of things.

Change is the hardest things to do- it’s never quite the same the next time around which can be very upsetting. Why aren’t you like this or why can’t you be like them ... with family it’s a hard line to walk... understanding it all as things change- the life of a Jeddist is no different. It’s hard - for sure but - possible.

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2019 15:19 #344246 by Carlos.Martinez3

Fyxe wrote: Why isnt it Brick? I have been told that energy the same no matter what. so maybe you dont think Reike is real or that the force is not real? what is your reason?



One of the qestions I often ask myself is - ( we can) I as the individual - is that what you claim- or is that what I claim? I claim personally it’s a part. A small part and even a fraction of what’s available and possible.
Do I use it ? Yup- often. Is it (this force of healing - reiki-) the only ? Nope - not for me. Hence a part of a much bigger piece is what I claim reiki for me to be. But fear - is a force as well as any other emotions. Some have hold , some don’t.
Some are part of other peoples definition of the Force - some arnt.
Why is it a disappointment to seek out that which we are not familiar with? Isn’t that the idea?
Often times I get upset or even - perturbed at my family because they keep doing the same thing over and over and over and over... till one day - the boy brings his lessons down on his own and says “dad, I don’t understand this one - can ya help me?” The most difficult thing in a modern Jeddist life to me is to watch others - what I think is fail -over and over again when In reality , it’s their process of learning - not mine and - they’re not failing - they are learning. What once upset , can some day look different like a learning process or even the flow of things.

Change is the hardest things to do- it’s never quite the same the next time around which can be very upsetting. Why aren’t you like this or why can’t you be like them ... with family it’s a hard line to walk... understanding it all as things change- the life of a Jeddist is no different. It’s hard - for sure but - possible.

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2019 15:27 #344247 by Athena_Undomiel
There are many alternative forms of medicine that many individuals and cultures prescribe to. What is the negativity against Reiki in particular? Are you also this opposed to medicinal meditation? Acupuncture? Tea? Dieting? Where is the line? These practices have long existed in Eastern cultures throughout the world. There are tons of "obscure" medicinal practices and why would we as Jedi not try to understand them?
If Qi, Chi, Ki, is the energy that flows throughout the universe and through all living things what makes it different from "The Force"? Who is to say that The Force could not be manipulated to heal through direct focus on pained areas?
Why does there have to be a definite difference between the two?
Can anyone prove otherwise that this "energy" does not exist?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sinistra, Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2019 16:21 #344249 by Brick

Kohadre wrote: It's deeply upsetting to see that this community will intentionally ignore any facts and evidence presented to it, relevant to the topics of "force powers" or other supernatural phenomenon.

Despite having evidence presented that these topics are founded within racketeering and other dishonest practices, members of this community choose to remain intentionally ignorant and dismissive of said evidence. Instead, they choose to continue promoting and focusing their efforts on practices and beliefs that have no legitimate basis or connection to reality.

I'm disappointed that this is the direction the community seems to be going.


Its interesting to me that you see this as the direction the community is headed. I actually think we're moving away from it.

These thread seem to come up significantly less than they did about 3-4 years ago, and its usually newer members who are bringing it up.

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Rex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2019 16:24 - 10 Oct 2019 17:16 #344250 by Kohadre

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

Kohadre wrote: It's deeply upsetting to see that this community will intentionally ignore any facts and evidence presented to it, relevant to the topics of "force powers" or other supernatural phenomenon.

Despite having evidence presented that these topics are founded within racketeering and other dishonest practices, members of this community choose to remain intentionally ignorant and dismissive of said evidence. Instead, they choose to continue promoting and focusing their efforts on practices and beliefs that have no legitimate basis or connection to reality.

I'm disappointed that this is the direction the community seems to be going.


Please present them here ?!


I've posted links, references, and resources in prior threads Carlos. In fact, I had posted at least two such resources in the thread that this particular thread branched off of.

I thoroughly enjoy our discussions and debates, perhaps in honesty more than I enjoy such topics with other memberships here. I know your authored content to be genuine and without alterior motives. With that in mind, I've dug up an additional reference on the subject that itself contains additional references and mentions of studies conducted by the British ASA.

It can be found here.

I'm happy to point people in the right direction, however I simply don't have the time in my schedule to do the entirety of people's research for them. This is something I have advised other members of as well, to varying degrees of animosity.

Remember the doctrine; embody the code.
Live the creed; embrace the 16 teachings.
Honor your vows.
Last edit: 10 Oct 2019 17:16 by Kohadre. Reason: spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, Brick, Rex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick