TopHat Fitness

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 weeks ago #317710 by
TopHat Fitness was created by
Greetings ladies/gents,

Today marks the start of a new workout program I plan to use. I bought a TRX system a few weeks ago to give it a try unfortunately the outside weather didn't permit me to do this (not a fan of the cold). I use to do tons of powerlifting along with running but I was a little younger (16-18 yrs old). Now (27 yrs old), I am not much for the bulking but more for building endurance. Which I feel to be more important for me. So, I figured to start with a 30 min session of TRX then work my way up to a typical hour workout I do with my running. My thoughts are to use this in conjunction with running and the row machine I have. Building a lean more refined me. I plan to work out 5-6 days a week which is a typical workout day for me. This will consist of juggle the tree types of workouts I plan to do. Running and row machine to build cardio small muscle endurance. TRX to refine more muscle endurance and less cardio. This should cover a full body workout. I only wish I could do this in the morning (my schedule doesn't permit it). I think during my cool-down phase (15 mins of walking) will be dedicated to audio books either motivational, informational, or fictional.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 weeks ago #318202 by
Replied by on topic TopHat Fitness
Okay so I realized that I left my own. TRX system in my car which is being repaired at the moment so I was unable to do my workout I planned yesterday. NEVER FEAR! When doing a full body circuit workout without machines or bars you learn to work with what ya got. I broke down my workout yesterday into 3 sets each one had a time limit that it had to be completed. I started with a 6 min time limit each set. It worked out well and while it was easy for me to do I was not alone in my workout I had a group of folks that joined me. this workout lasted for 30 minutes like I had planned but I did a 30 minute cardio session with the row machine. I believe the row machine, biking, or swimming is a great sub for running if you are not much for running.

By the end of the workout I felt like I gave it my all by keeping good form and pushing as hard as I could. That is my suggestion to those that do this work out. Keep form over effort and if you need to take a break go for it but make sure you don't take to long but you can lighten the amount of effort you put in to keep your form. Best of luck.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 weeks ago #318606 by
Replied by on topic TopHat Fitness
Something that I have noticed from my fitness. My posture has improved from all of the stretching that I have done after my workouts and while I'm at work as well. I've found that running feels similar to some of the meditation I do such as controlled breathing and focusing on my body it has been a huge stress relief since I am in the process of moving with my family. I continue to stay patient and focused on the task at hand. Bit-by-bit my fitness levels will increase and more positivity flows through me allowing me to make better decisions in all aspects of my life.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi