Phentermine - For Weight Loss

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307221 by
Long Story Short: I've had two back surgeries, including a fusion at L-4/L-5. One of the side effects, as it were, was rapid weight gain.

For years before surgery, my appetite was practically nil, and I had withered away. Chronic pain is not my recommended method for maintaining or losing weight.

I asked my family doctor for his opinion about this struggle and he recommended phentermine.

Some of you may have heard of phen-phen. It was one of those fad pills that should've been regulated from the get, but wasn't

Phentermine is regulated as a controlled substance and available by Rx only. It suppresses appetite and adds an amphetamine boost to speed up metabolism.

My results have been phenomenal. At my worst, I was 267lbs. Now, I tip the scale at 217. Fifty pounds from June of this year until now. Once I reach my goal of 200lbs, I'll be taken off of phentermine, and my improved eating habits will help me to maintain.
It's weight loss at a healthy pace. Your doctor should set regular appointments to monitor weight, blood pressure and medication interactions, if any.

If you have limited activity due to chronic pain, and need some assistance with weight management, I can't praise phentermine enough.

If you consult your doctor and find that it is for you, keep me in the loop. I want to be your cheerleader.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #307238 by Cyan Sarden
Another thing you could do is get a dog. I‘m serious about that. I gained some weight because I have chronic heel and tendon pain from jogging too much. Ended up getting a Border Collie and have lost all of it already. Dog makes me move a lot more (I still can‘t run, but walking seems to do it for me) and I‘m having a lot of fun.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307242 by
Replied by on topic Phentermine - For Weight Loss
I'm glad you suggested that. Very cool and congratulations on the weight management!

I kinda ended up with seven cats, all rescues and all still have their front claws. Little suckers are like Pringles, you can't have just one. There are a few lap cats in the mix. I've found very few things more therapeutic than a cat's purr :laugh:

More
6 years 4 months ago #307258 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Phentermine - For Weight Loss
I also got up to 267 lbs, and started losing weight since August. I'm currently at 229 lbs, and my goal is 210.

I did it through low carb eating, and especially learning to prepare my own meals instead of buying junk food.

I'd suggest reducing sugar before trying phen, though the advice from a doctor is always better than doing what an online stranger tells you. :laugh:

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307260 by
Replied by on topic Phentermine - For Weight Loss
And that is why I suggested throughout that a doctor should be consulted before any decision was to be undertaken, but details don't matter, and I'm stranger than most - _ -

More
6 years 4 months ago #307261 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Phentermine - For Weight Loss

INFJedi wrote: And that is why I suggested throughout that a doctor should be consulted before any decision was to be undertaken, but details don't matter, and I'm stranger than most - _ -

That stranger bit wad about me, but seeing a doctor is good advice regardless the source. ;-)

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi