Betting on Yourself Game!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #270362 by
Betting on Yourself Game! was created by
Welcome to the BETTING ON YOURSELF game, Force Realists Edition.

You are cordially invited to beat 2017 in the face by achieving your goals. This game will build discipline, hold you in suspense, and could very well start World War III.

I want you to pick a goal for January 2017. I want you to enter it in and make it public for all of us to see. And, I want you to bet on yourself that you won't lose. I will be putting up 35 dollars, which will be a real sting if I fail. And, I have failed at this before. It happens.

Here is how it works:
1. Make an account at https://www.stickk.com. I found this website from Tim Ferriss. The cool thing about it is you can customize your challenge and your risk. And, it is very social media compliant.

2. Create your profile and your commitment challenge. I, for example, want to lose 2 lbs a week in January. Plus 2 lbs total, so 10 lbs at least in the month of January. A stretch goal of 15 and 20 (depending on if I decide to fast).

3. Put in a financial incentive (I will bet 35 dollars). Or, not. There are other incentives... but, I find a ding in the checkbook can be very effective. The idea is that if you have a negative incentive, you will work harder than if you merely have a positive incentive. In reality, having BOTH will be good. I will be spending the 35 dollars I retain on a book I've had my eye on for a while. But, I only get it if I keep the money.

4. Invite us all to watch. We can watch your updates via a link. You may post them in this thread, if you like. You can also post your support for contestants. I will be cross-posting this to FA and some of the FB groups, I will not be sending their links over here. You may post your links over there if you want more people to watch.

If you have any questions, let me know.

You may actually start today, if you want... But, the game for us will go until the end of January.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #270423 by
Replied by on topic Betting on Yourself Game!
My entry!: https://www.stickk.com/commitment/details/521252/58658dc661002

-2 lbs a week.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi