Vipassana Meditation

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #262216 by
Vipassana Meditation was created by
29 mar - 9 apr 2017 i will be going to go to do this 10 day Vipassana Meditation in a retrait in Belgium , i have heard many good things about this and i think i will benefit greatly from doing this , i wonder if any of you have done this ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #264124 by
Replied by on topic Vipassana Meditation
these are all over the world by the way ;)

More
7 years 4 months ago #265910 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic Vipassana Meditation
My sister has plans on doing a similar 10 day retreat in Georgia, personally I find the concept a bit extreme and restrictive of events which would encourage and facilitate actual growth at a personal or spiritual level.

I'm not sure how being left to thoughts you already have for 10 for days without any conflicting view point brought in from others (read: you're not allowed to talk or communicate) is supposed to help you develop.

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #265914 by

Kohadre wrote: My sister has plans on doing a similar 10 day retreat in Georgia, personally I find the concept a bit extreme and restrictive of events which would encourage and facilitate actual growth at a personal or spiritual level.

I'm not sure how being left to thoughts you already have for 10 for days without any conflicting view point brought in from others (read: you're not allowed to talk or communicate) is supposed to help you develop.

Ow i dont see it that way , i see it as turning inwards and deepening , and than after 10 days a restart.

More
7 years 4 months ago #265915 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic Vipassana Meditation

MartaLina wrote:

Kohadre wrote: My sister has plans on doing a similar 10 day retreat in Georgia, personally I find the concept a bit extreme and restrictive of events which would encourage and facilitate actual growth at a personal or spiritual level.

Ow i dont see it that way , i see it as turning inwards and deepening , and than after 10 days a restart.

My post wasn't intended as an attack, more instead as a critical view on an otherwise mystic process with little given in terms of explanation.

From what I read of it, the same thing (or at least similar) is already done by many within the temple without the extremes the retreat seems to mandate.

It seems to function more on the level of a monastic and less so of a lay practitioner.

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #265916 by

Kohadre wrote:

MartaLina wrote:

My post wasn't intended as an attack, more instead as a critical view on an otherwise mystic process with little given in terms of explanation.

From what I read of it, the same thing (or at least similar) is already done by many within the temple without the extremes the retreat seems to mandate.

It seems to function more on the level of a monastic and less so of a lay practitioner.

I certainly did not feel attacked and think you have a very valid point , but what if i tell you that i am longing for 10 days not talking , long walks and healthy veggie food , its more a holiday i think , one that will benefit me in and outside :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #265918 by
An intense meditative experience like that would definitely be worth it if you are prepared for it. All true growth comes from within. The only corner of the universe that you can really improve is your own corner and to do that you have to be in tune with yourself. Know yourself, build a solid foundation and you can build from there. It is a system reboot for the soul :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #265920 by

Jerynn Pulsarr wrote: An intense meditative experience like that would definitely be worth it if you are prepared for it. All true growth comes from within. The only corner of the universe that you can really improve is your own corner and to do that you have to be in tune with yourself. Know yourself, build a solid foundation and you can build from there. It is a system reboot for the soul :)

Thats the idea , and i have been longing for this a long time and i think i am ready :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #265922 by
Good :) You are drawn to it for a reason! Follow your intuition. You'll have to let us all know how it went when you've finished it!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi