[Health and Fitness Forum] Workboot recommendations...

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 5 months ago #261575 by Jestor
Besides how busy I am here, I work a second job, and am on my feet for a minimum of 4 hours, and maximum of 9 hours a shift... There is a LOT of standing, which is what gets to me, the moving around bothers me less... I am wearing THE WRONG/BAD (while I would seldom say there is good/bad or right/wrong in the world, these shoes are both WRONG and BAD for this job, lol) shoes for this type of work...

I wear Red Wings for my day job, but, they pay for them, and the part-time job requires black, which I do not own...

So, any recommendations for black, steel toe, waterproof boots that a person can stand in for hours at a time?

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #261577 by JamesSand
I've had success with Danners :)

I'm not sure if they do a steel toe option.

I'm sure I can use this magic space window thing to look...

Well apparently they do Alloy Toe, or Non-Metallic safety toe.

Obviously the do other models, but I can say these ones are pretty decent:
http://www.danner.com/product/law-enforcement/acadia-8-black-nmt.html
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #261588 by
Actually due to all of the Field (Tactical/Range) work we do here in Michigan (Hiking, Standing Formations, Gun Shooting, Outdoors Fitness, Martial Arts) We have had the opportunity to try out alot of different boots XD

I have found Magnums to be the best
https://www.amazon.com/Magnum-Mens-Response-II-Black/dp/B00131QMBQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1476713349&sr=8-2&keywords=mens+magnum

They are really comfortable and flexable. I put an extra padded insole inside of mine but thats coz im flat footed and everything feels rougher on my feet naturally XD

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #261594 by
I have always worn military issue Bates Men’s Ultra-Lites 8" Tactical Side-Zip and had no issues whatsoever. I run in them or stand in them for hours. They are durable and last.

The top "named" brands are: Timberland, Red Wing, Wolverine, and Under Armour. Most of those should do the trick. Just be sure they meet your needs. Waterproof/resistant, steel toes etc...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #261599 by

Karn wrote: I have always worn military issue Bates Men’s Ultra-Lites 8" Tactical Side-Zip

My husband (Mindas) uses Bates all the time but I seem to recall him mentioning something in the product has...changed? Not sure if thats true or the new pair he got was just off....Otherwise Magnum and Bates are our go to here

More
7 years 5 months ago #261635 by Kohadre
I've found the inserts matter more than the actual boot. I'd suggest getting fitted for custom inserts that address specific pressure zones on your feet, rather than a mass produced version.

Mine have made a world of difference whether I'm wearing 20$ boots or $200 boots.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
7 years 5 months ago #261661 by ren
Get tactical boots, paint them black yourself if you have to. whatever soldiers recommend in your area.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #261666 by

ren wrote: Get tactical boots, paint them black yourself if you have to. whatever soldiers recommend in your area.

Back in the day, our guys swore by the desert tan converse combat boots. Those seem to be discontinued, but they looked a lot like the reeboks here only tan. Might try those.

More
7 years 5 months ago #261681 by Tellahane
Haven't been able to go wrong with a good pair of bates, 5.11 tactical had some recently good boots from what I've heard but I haven't tried them myself yet, but those are the top two brands for ems

More
7 years 5 months ago #261684 by MadHatter
Bates is a bit heavy but it never failed me for long hours on my feet watch standing. 5.11's have also been something that is favored by a lot of military guys.
Whatever you do stay the heck away from Brahman brand. I have had it fall apart within 4 months of buying it as has my boyfriend.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi