5:2 diet and exercise

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #259704 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic 5:2 diet and exercise
Just a bit of an update. Its been a month since I started this diet and I have now officially lost 12 pounds. Its great to see progress and not be hating things as far as food taste or being hungry. I cant wait to get to my goal but it will take some time.

Edit: I meant I have now made it to the ten pound lost mark. My end goal is 60 pounds lost. I started at 187 and want to get to 125/7 which is in the dead center of my ideal weight range for my height. So its going to be a long road.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by MadHatter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Leah Starspectre

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #259705 by
Replied by on topic 5:2 diet and exercise
You can do it MadHatter! All great things will come to those who are stong-willed and patient. You are like a piece of metal in a hot forge beginning to burn the impurities. The more you fold the metal, shape it, and burn the impurities. The stronger it will become. Until alas! a strong, healthy blade shines in the light for all to see.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #267909 by
I've decided to join you. I'm at about 210, and at my height and build I should be more at 170-180. That's about 40 lbs, which is about in line with where you are right now.

I am weak willed with hunger, so I'm going to take a different approach. I think it's time for paleo, and I can achieve it if the wife is willing to accommodate :P. I'll update asap with actual weight, and follow with progress reports. Strength in numbers, my friend.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #267937 by
Discipline is enhanced when calories are counted.
Every day. Every food.
Set a goal. Mine is a pound a week.
I suggest keeping track with the free web site calorie counter My Fitness Pal.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #271776 by
I didn't forget, I'm just slow!

Got into the gym today after my busy December. I weigh 197lbs with clothes and shoes on at 6', and my goal weight is about 180lbs with significantly different muscle mass.
Diet has been going well. I'm down to fast food once or twice a week from daily. Eating a lot more beans and veggies.
Started on a lower body day. I've never rightly done a lot of what I did tonight, so I suspect my weight will increase disproportionately as my form improves. Anywho, here's the chart on day one: Squat - 115lbs (three sets of eight), dumbbell squats - 20lbs per arm (three sets of twenty), lunges - 12 (Unweighted, at the end... I didn't have much left!) + a generic ab routine.

Hope you're still with me, Hatter!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi