And remember that scientists don't have to get up and do things

They dont?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #232012 by Br. John

Khaos wrote:

And remember that scientists don't have to get up and do things

They dont?

I was trying to be funny. How about this?

Attachment hfc76a6b.jpg not found

Attachment hd04b3fb_2016-03-05.jpg not found

Founder of The Order
Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #232013 by
I like the idea of starting work at 10. When I have several days off in a row I find that my body naturally wakes up around 9. I'd be a little up set about also working later but in reality how much do I do after work every day? :laugh:

More
8 years 2 months ago #232022 by Adder
Not much difference between 9am and 10am really.... IMO.

I'd say its torture value is more dependent on when someone goes to sleep then anything I'd bet.

I reckon its around a 1:0.8 wake to sleep ratio, and the shorter the sleep's the greater accuracy can be kept to it by the body. It would probably have to shift up to and maybe over 1:1 depending on adaptions to new types or increased amounts of work etc.

For instance, if I go to bed early enough I'll after an easy day I can easily get up at 6am feeling fresh.... which leaves a long 4 hours till 10am of wasted time. The only torture would be boredom! But of course we're all so busy we tend to not get enough sleep so waking up at all is torture!!

AFAIK Looking at cortisol, which increases blood sugar levels amongst other things to draw out energy from fat after a long sleep of completed digestion, it seems we are meant to get up get busy and refill up prior to 9am, and then let the food stores carry over for the rest of the day, refilling any fat stores etc for the next sleep cycle?

Attachment h0e1be92.jpg not found

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Athena_Undomiel

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi