Weight issues

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #221817 by
Weight issues was created by
Hi I am Geoff Since high school I have had issues with weight, and the emotional struggles from it such as self-image issues and some depression. I Belive that one of the steps to having a healthy mind is to work on a healthy body. So I ask you all who have struggled and overcame a weight problem what are some tips to help whether it advice on a good eating routine, advice to resist temptations of unhealthy things, exercise tips, or tips on dealing with the emotional side of things. My hopes are to have helped some of the peoples through the advice shared on this post including my self.

Rember everyone is beautiful, and you are loved. Have a wonderful day.

May the force be with you always.

Sincerely Siothurn (Geoff)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 4 months ago #221909 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Weight issues
drink lots of water, eat whole grain snacks and bread, instead of eating 3 big meals a day eat 6 small meals, keep active...know your body's needs and anticipate its cravings...

there's really no universal method, each person has different dietary needs so it's best to do research and learn what works best for your body..

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
8 years 4 months ago #221926 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Weight issues
Is it overweight or underweight that is the issue, I couldn't tell from the profile pic? I guess they'd have different advice, but perhaps not entirely, or do you mean both?

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
8 years 4 months ago #222017 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Weight issues
MSG(aka "natural flavour") makes you fat. It's in almost all processed food. If it comes in a box or a can, it's processed. It's a chemical that tells your brain that your stomach is not full. This makes you feel hungry 24x7. At mcdonald's it's in the ketchup. At taco bell it's in the sour cream. It's in your salad dressing(aka "ranch") when you decide to eat salad to lose weight. It's in your lowfat yogurt... your fat-free this and that. It's in your "steak seasoning".

The best advice I can give here is to avoid all processed food and prepare everything yourself. Instead of investing in Weight Watchers you should invest in kitchen equipment and use it every day.

Peace

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #222030 by
Replied by on topic Weight issues
Dont eat processed food , eat biological where you can, go easy on the carbs , keep moving , drink lots of water and normal coffiee and tea without additives ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #222073 by
First the disclaimer...I am not advocating any special diet plan, only that the one I use works for me!

I have used and am now on the "South Beach" diet. The last time I was on it I lost 30 lbs in 3 months. That having been said, I am Italian American and love my food, so It took about 7 years to put the weight back on. I am now doing the diet again. I started on January 1 and to this date have lost 12 lbs.

Its a low carb no sugar yada yada yada.....

It must be done with a good exercise plan and a commitment for a lifeime.

Attachment h804f184.pdf not found

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
8 years 4 months ago #222087 by Squint
Replied by Squint on topic Weight issues
I hesitate to give any specific diet recommendation because of personal experiences that warrant caution. I used to be in incredible shape but after I left the Army my weight really bloomed due to a leg injury, a sedentary lifestyle and apathy.

I have tried several methods to lose weight, all with marginal but temporary success. The entire reason for this post is that last year I did a high protein and fat diet. It was my most successful in terms of weight loss but it absolutely destroyed my gall bladder. Several ER visits with severe, crippling pain and finally they did emergency surgery to remove it.

All of this is to say, consult a medical professional if you are able so they can help you find an appropriate diet and monitor your health.

Journals: IP Apprentice
TM: Loudzoo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley, Edan,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #222097 by
Thanks everyone for posting. For the earlier question about the problem being underweight or overweight, it is an overweight problem I had/have. I started to work on losing weight in 2014 with struggles emotionally and physically like food diet and exercise but i have had some success and some moments of re weight gain.

When I was losing weight One of the things that has helped me a lot is hydration the less soda and energy drinks I drank I swapped them out with water and tea. Being hydrated from what I know is something most people all over the world don't get enough of including me. Hydration helps keep your mind clear, your organ function, and your metabolism. one of the other things I learned is to try to swap out foods you like for healthier versions or add vegetables prepared in a healthy way to your dishes like peppers and spinach to quesadillas, and definitely portion size for me was, and still is a problem at times. but as Ryujin mentioned above smaller portion size and meals more often helps. I am a bit of a habitual eater when I'm bored and finding something to replace eating with an activity that isn't harmful, for me it is biking is a must. My biggest problem comes from keeping routine and being a culinary school grad there are a lot of unhealthy things I can make that taste good so it is a bit hard at times. Emotionally I found someone to talk to about my weight issues, and opening up helped a lot emotionally. All I can really recommend here is to find someone you can connect with that is a good influence on you and just talk to them. If you have a friend and family member that you can diet and exercise with it helps. Having a buddy to work on things with makes it a bit easier in my opinion.

Here are some online video and article's I found for everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l26-q3VFg7I
Healthy substitutions

http://www.epicurious.com/
Largest recipe website out there they have just about every recipe you could think of.

http://www.foodandwine.com/articles/healthy-chefs-how-chefs-lose-weight-and-keep-it-off
How chefs lose weight and keep it off.

http://oldwayspt.org/resources/heritage-pyramids/mediterranean-diet-pyramid
Mediterranean diet info (helped me start losing weight it is a diet where a lot of people report being happier while doing it although this one may not work for you. Although in my opinion worth a try.)

May the force be with you.
Sincerely Siothurn.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #222112 by J_Roz
Replied by J_Roz on topic Weight issues
Sugar! Get that out. Anything artificial. My rule is if you cannot pronounce the ingredients you don't need to eat them. I spend a lot of time reading labels. Support local farmers markets and coops. The closer to natural a product is the better and the easier your body can handle it.
For me I try to go more paleo but I do use organic milk products. I produce most of my own meat and vegetables. ;-)

Here is a picture of a turkey that was served to my family pay close attention to those ingredients. There is no reason a turkey should have added flavor and sugar. This is garbage.
Good luck!

May the Force be with you, Always. Walk in Beauty.

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by J_Roz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #222693 by
Personally and ex military (PARATROOPER) I can suggest a few options. Obviously cutting out snacking and saturated fats but also bread and bread products is a big deal, fizzy drinks and alcohol too. Many people suggest fitness programs or circuit training however power walking and eventually power walking carrying weight is amazing for weight loss. I say power walkimg aiming for mini um 5mph. Not much else is needed. You will notice a difference from those small things alone for a start. Every odd is beautiful in their own way but I understand some people not feeling comfortable. There is no shame in been overweight and trying to lose weight at all. If you wish I could keep oak together a low workout military style programme and nutritional information too if anybody requires it. For weight loss or gain. May the force be with you!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi