Helpful Apps

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #208539 by
Replied by on topic Helpful Apps
I ran across this beautiful meditation app for children and had to pass it along. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #209502 by
Well, I have a few to add to the list.

Colorfy allows me to color while using my phone. Great for me when I'm on a ten minute break, need something productive to do to unwind for a minute, and don't have to carry around a coloring book, plus all of the pencils.

Diaro is essentially my personal journal. I think if you upgrade to a certain level, your phone can also sync to Diaro online. It's got a tagging system, search options, and other things that I really use when I'm trying to remember when X happened, or when Y happened, so that way I know what I did to get through those times.

My Spirit Tools I've only tinkered a bit with this, as whenever I want to do something spiritual often takes up a bit more free time than what I have. I've used the Shaman's Journey exercise, but would love to dig in a bit deeper on this.

More
8 years 4 months ago #214417 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Helpful Apps
Not an app, a webpage, but very useful I think when you get anxious or stressed

Breathe Slowly

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #216625 by

Cayce wrote: Great idea!

I personally use, and love:

Headspace
It is a guided meditation app, with a new unique one each day. It has focused meditations for different moods and topics, and the creator is a former Monk. His TED talk is amazing.

MyFitnessPal
Probably redundant posting this as many people have heard of it, but it really helps me track my calories and carbs for Keto.

C25K - 5K Running Trainer
Guides you through customized audio through the Couch to 5k running course. Use it 3 times a week!

Water Your Body
Tracks daily water / liquid intake, love it.

Yes Headspace is a great app. I myself really need to use it more.

Something that has helped me over the past few months is my Fitbit and the app that goes along with it. You can set up personal goals and earn "badges" overtime. It has been a great tool.

More
8 years 3 months ago #216626 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Helpful Apps

Reliah wrote: I decided to start this thread after realizing how many incredibly helpful apps there are out there.

Thank you for creating this thread. Several of the Apps have been a huge help at bettering myself in several ways.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #220674 by
"ZenFriend" and "Yoga"/"TrackYoga" (from Eternal Karma Inc.) are the best free android apps in such niche, IMO. ZenFriend has normal standalone meditation timer and TrackYoga has normal list+description of asanas. For now, that's all I need.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #220683 by
If you're a runner like me, you'll love Zombies, Run! I'm training for a 5k with the version that costs $1.99, but there's a free version as well. I love it because it gives you a story line (you go from place to place collecting certain story elements) and lets you listen to your own music while things unfold. It's really quite brilliant. You find yourself looking forward to running every day because of the story :)

I also love Pocket Penguins which is really just a cam pointed at the penguin exhibit at the California Academy of Sciences. It is very settling to know that no matter what you're up to, these birds are just chillin and having a good time. How can you be having a bad day when that one penguin on the rock over there keeps floofing his chest feathers? Exactly.

More
8 years 1 month ago #231488 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Helpful Apps
I'd like to add Fabulous to the list here.

It's a motivational tool and as someone who really struggles some days to do even some simple things, I'm finding this app very helpful.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #232633 by
calm.com looks super to create a virtual mediatation pod at job

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 weeks ago #279298 by

Cayce wrote: Great idea!

I personally use, and love:

Headspace
It is a guided meditation app, with a new unique one each day. It has focused meditations for different moods and topics, and the creator is a former Monk. His TED talk is amazing.

MyFitnessPal
Probably redundant posting this as many people have heard of it, but it really helps me track my calories and carbs for Keto.

C25K - 5K Running Trainer
Guides you through customized audio through the Couch to 5k running course. Use it 3 times a week!

Water Your Body
Tracks daily water / liquid intake, love it.

Headspace is handsdown the best guided meditation / meditation intro app on the market. And I'd like to echo that his TED talk, as well as his book, are excellent material.

Headspace has a cost associated with it. IMHO it's well worth it, particularly if you do not have background in meditation.

Insight Timer has been taken over by new developers and is an excellent meditation timer. It also has guided meditations.

If you're willing to throw down on an EEG, Muse is one of the better (yet not crazy expensive) headbands that you can wear that have apps that assist with meditation. It reads brain waves in real time and gives immediate feedback when your mind gets chatty and starts to wander. To be clear, the Muse is primarily for focus based meditation, as opposed to insight based (which is more what Headspace focuses on).

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi