Topic-icon Workout Check-In Thread

More
28 Jan 2014 00:39 #135201 by steamboat28
I remember benedictveritas asking if people could help him out with keeping on track for this workout.

I thought "heck, i need that, too." So I thought if I came into this thread and checked in after every work-out, I'd also see all the folks who were kicking my butt at keeping on schedule. so...

I'm Mitchell, I'm trying to do a M-W-F workout schedule with the NerdFitness Beginner Bodyweight Routine , and I'm terrible at keeping schedules.

Check in!
The following user(s) said Thank You: baru, LTK, Luthien, Omhu Cuspor, benedictveritas, Exarchias, Bensory

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2014 00:45 #135207 by benedictveritas
got mine done for the day :)))
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Luthien

More
28 Jan 2014 00:48 #135208 by Kit
Does Squadron PT count? It was rough today LOL

"I have come to the borders of sleep, The unfathomable deep Forest where all must loseTheir way, however straight, Or winding, soon or late; They cannot choose."
-excerpt from Lights Out by Edward Thomas
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Luthien, Archon, jasonwilkins

More
28 Jan 2014 00:50 #135209 by Brenna
I was wondering how long before a thread like this popped up!

Im in too!

"The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

If you're not in the arena getting your ass kicked too, I'm not interested in your opinion.

To the souls of fire, I give more fire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
28 Jan 2014 01:28 #135213 by jasonwilkins
I'm in! Also, If you have a smart phone, I highly recommend the MyFitnessPal app. You can use it to track your macronutrient data as well as your workouts while encouraging each other socially. It's a cool and helpful app.

My Schedule:

Mon. Chest/Biceps

Tues. Back/Triceps

Wed. Cardio (Running, Martial Arts, etc)

Thurs. Shoulders/Traps

Fri. Legs/Abs

Sat. Cardio

Sun. Rest

3 exercises per muscle group starting with large movements to small with 45 seconds rest between sets. 4 sets, last set to failure.

Eat 6 meals a day. 3000 calories/day. 30-40g Protein with every meal. Most of my carbs in the morning and afternoon, with very little at night.

So far, I'm up to 230 lbs with 16% body fat. I want to gain 10 more lbs and get my body fat down to at least 12%.

"Selflessness is the only antidote to evil. It provides the light that destroys the dark." ~ Corran Horn

My Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Omhu Cuspor

More
28 Jan 2014 01:47 #135215 by tzb
I'm in, I started my schedule last week funnily enough so not too far ahead.

I'm doing a 5 day per week cycle... 3 days of cardio, 2 of strength. I'm hoping to incorporate 1 session of martial arts (including Shinkendo and Aikido) as well, if the guy who runs the classes ever actually gets back to me.

Got my cardio done today.

More
28 Jan 2014 01:56 #135217 by Desolous
I'm halfway in, some upper body weights, light abs and 10 mmin on the ellliptical today. First time in a week after a slight injury, going kinda easy.

More
28 Jan 2014 02:16 #135218 by jasonwilkins

tzb wrote: I'm in, I started my schedule last week funnily enough so not too far ahead.

I'm doing a 5 day per week cycle... 3 days of cardio, 2 of strength. I'm hoping to incorporate 1 session of martial arts (including Shinkendo and Aikido) as well, if the guy who runs the classes ever actually gets back to me.

Got my cardio done today.

For Martial Arts training at home, may I suggest Master Chong's YouTube channel for an excellent video series on taekwondo forms using the old Palgwe patterns rather than the modern ones. The Palgwe Poomsae were based on Japanese Kata and Chinese Kung Fu. I like them for foundational exercise and moving meditation far better than the current accepted Taekwondo curriculum. Here is a link to the Red belt form which is an advanced form. You can search through his channel for lower forms all the way to white. His introduction videos to each belt gives excellent insight to what core lessons should be focused on at each belt level. My uncle, Tom Tehonica, is a good friend of Master Chong and also my Grandmaster. Together they are leading the American Taekowndo Team to the Gold in the upcoming Olympics. My uncle also trains the US Army Mountain Rangers in hand-to-hand combat.

I hope these help!

The link:

"Selflessness is the only antidote to evil. It provides the light that destroys the dark." ~ Corran Horn

My Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: tzb, benedictveritas

More
28 Jan 2014 03:32 - 28 Jan 2014 03:34 #135225 by Adder
Did S2 today, and S1+ cardio yesterday.

I'll use a nomenclutre of S1,S2,W1,W2,W3 to represent my two types of summer workout, and three types of winter workout. My gym is in my garage and has no aircon, so in summer it gets too hot to do too much. Its one of those Total Gym machines for S1, and just dumbell's hitting shoulders for S2. I use a free weight 3 day split in winter because I can spend more time and effort in my 'gym'.

I'm experimenting with bringing dairy back into my diet and I must say I think it's improved results a lot (pity it gives m a bit of dermatitis).

Knight of Jediism
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Knight Journal -- Degree Journal -- Seminary Journal -- Mod Journal
Last Edit: 28 Jan 2014 03:34 by Adder.

More
28 Jan 2014 05:52 #135232 by Luthien
Did mine yesterday and gonna get my next one in tomorrow. Yesterday consisted of:

1. Swissball Jackknife
2A. Single-leg Barbell Straight-leg Deadlift
2B. Barbell Row
3A. Barbell Squat
3B. Barbell Bench Press
4. Stationary Bike (10 minutes)

Tomorrow, I'm doing the following:

1. Static Back Extensions (60 sec hold)
2A. Barbell Split Squat
2B. Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown
3A. Barbell Deadlift
3B. Shoulder Press (or Lateral Raise)
4. One set each of the following with no rest; 3 rounds
a. Bodyweight jump squat (20 sec)
b. Bodyweight squat (20 sec)
c. Isometric squat (30 sec)