Meditation, key to well being?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #104336 by
I've looked into religions such as Hinduism, and Buddhism. Is meditation really the key to well being? Is it some sort of super relaxing move such as Yoga, or Pilates? I believe so, in fact I believe more than that. I really think our ancestors might have finally found the key to the lock of the new pandemic of stress. Meditation is perhaps one of the best ways to relieve stress from certain situations. In this, I truly believe that we are lagging in what our Ancestors once gave us. So, maybe for your and whomever you love's health start meditating. Otherwise, you might just end up with a heart attack on your hands due to stress. So, PLEASE START MEDITATING.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #104357 by
Replied by on topic Meditation, key to well being?
I enjoy meditating and learning more about it. There are so many different forms out there, it's pretty exciting! The best part about it though is that, if done correctly, anything can be a meditation. Even your daily life. Once I found this out, I have never been happier and more stress free.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #104473 by
That's something I never learned though. I tried to look it up, but it was all the sitting meditation. Believe me, if anyone around my family caught you doing that, they'd make fun of you for doing so. You'd never hear the end of it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #104490 by

Amos_Tzao wrote: I've looked into religions such as Hinduism, and Buddhism. Is meditation really the key to well being? Is it some sort of super relaxing move such as Yoga, or Pilates? I believe so, in fact I believe more than that. I really think our ancestors might have finally found the key to the lock of the new pandemic of stress. Meditation is perhaps one of the best ways to relieve stress from certain situations. In this, I truly believe that we are lagging in what our Ancestors once gave us. So, maybe for your and whomever you love's health start meditating. Otherwise, you might just end up with a heart attack on your hands due to stress. So, PLEASE START MEDITATING.

Do you meditate?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #104499 by
Rarely.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #104510 by

Amos_Tzao wrote: Rarely.

Why?

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #104585 by Zanthan Storm
I have found that some people need different kinds of meditation. Lets look at the definition of it.

Meditation
intransitive verb
1: to engage in contemplation or reflection
2: to engage in mental exercise (as concentration on one's breathing or repetition of a mantra) for the purpose of reaching a heightened level of spiritual awareness
transitive verb
1: to focus one's thoughts on : reflect on or ponder over
2: to plan or project in the mind : intend, purpose

there are many ways. Walking meditation, sitting, laying, etc
(I have used this page as a good descriptor: http://www.spiritualnow.com/articles/20/1/The-Different-Types-of-Meditation/Page1.html)

The sitting down, theatrical meditation is that theatrical. I meditate once at day at least for 30 minutes at the end of my day. Sometimes I lay down, sometimes I do it at the gym, sometimes I sit and settle into a meditative state. People stare sometimes when they are visiting and are like, "what the?"

Sometimes my wife explains, sometimes I do after. Meditation is for you, by this self reflection and realization, you can improve yourself and therefore improve the world around you. If others can not accept you, then that is their problem. Not yours.

Zanthan Storm
AKA Rev. Michael Ziskovsky OCP D.Div.

Master Knight of Jediism
Founder of Roseville, MN Chapter of TOTJO

Current Apprentice: The Coyote
Past Master: GM Neaj Pa Bol
Past Apprentices: Sr. Knight Kira, Knight Myos, Doriann

"Let no one thing control your life, seek to be complete and at peace."
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #104645 by
Well, I usually don't have much time to do that, plus as I've mentioned in the article my family would laugh me out of the house.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #104648 by
Close your eyes for 10 seconds. Pay attention to your breath.

Open your eyes.

This is called centering, and it's a great mid-action meditation tool. Just don't do it while driving. ;) hahahah.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #104649 by
That was really good advice.Thank You!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi