• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 1 month ago #100702 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Trying to quit smoking
I don't think they've banned it yet...I still see commercials for it on occasion...but then again a good bit of money thrown to the right people does wonders in finding loopholes...

Now a days most meds cause suicidal thoughts....the funniest ads are for antidepressants that cause an increase in suicidal thoughts....irony much?

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #100752 by Whyte Horse
I've quit 4 times
1. Cold turkey: lasted about 4 hrs
2. Cold turkey 2: lasted about 2 days
3. Cold turkey 3: lasted 3 months
4. Bupropion HCL(chantix?): lasted 1 year

By far the Bupropion was the best way to quit. There's like this inner 2 year old in the back of your brain that throws a fit when it wants nicotine. When you quit, it throws a fit every hour for about 10min. After a couple days it's every 4hrs. The fits get farther apart the longer you go without nicotine but as soon as you smoke they go back to every hour so cessation doesn't work at all and none of the patches or gum works.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

More
11 years 1 month ago #100753 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: Trying to quit smoking
There's electronic cigarettes. I saw a patient use one in a doctor's waiting room Friday. You can use them in restaurants too.

http://electroniccigarettesreviewed.org/

Founder of The Order

More
11 years 1 month ago #100758 by Whyte Horse

Br. John wrote: There's electronic cigarettes. I saw a patient use one in a doctor's waiting room Friday. You can use them in restaurants too.

I have one, it doesn't work. It will get you through a long flight but it doesn't deliver the nicotine or whatever we crave in smokes.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #100760 by
Replied by on topic Re: Trying to quit smoking

Whyte Horse wrote:

Br. John wrote: There's electronic cigarettes. I saw a patient use one in a doctor's waiting room Friday. You can use them in restaurants too.

I have one, it doesn't work. It will get you through a long flight but it doesn't deliver the nicotine or whatever we crave in smokes.

What strength do you use? Typically strengths are 8mg, 11mg, 18mg and 36mg nicotine strengths with most brands doing 18 (standard) and 11 (smooth). If you are on the 18 then you could see where else does 36, that might give you enough though of course you will instead just become addicted to the e-cigarette...

Don't know if it varies by country a great deal but that's the case in the UK

Just a word of warning... while the ingredients are 'harmless' there have in fact not been any medical studies into the long-term effects of e-cigarettes. On the other hand... are they going to be any worse than cigarettes? lol

Interestingly they are all actually made of the same stuff (which you can even make yourself) s you can swap and change the liquid inside...

Source: Myself, I sell them :P

Personally I prefer cigars and I totally intend to buy a pipe this summer :D - I don't really get addicted to stuff very easily...

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 1 month ago #100770 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Trying to quit smoking
Electronic cigarettes don't do it for me. what i like is thick smoke (tar?), strong, specific tobacco taste. e-cigarettes just don't deliver on that front.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
11 years 1 month ago #100882 by Whyte Horse

Akkarin wrote:

Whyte Horse wrote:

What strength do you use? Typically strengths are 8mg, 11mg, 18mg and 36mg nicotine strengths with most brands doing 18 (standard) and 11 (smooth). If you are on the 18 then you could see where else does 36, that might give you enough though of course you will instead just become addicted to the e-cigarette...

Don't know if it varies by country a great deal but that's the case in the UK

Just a word of warning... while the ingredients are 'harmless' there have in fact not been any medical studies into the long-term effects of e-cigarettes. On the other hand... are they going to be any worse than cigarettes? lol

Interestingly they are all actually made of the same stuff (which you can even make yourself) s you can swap and change the liquid inside...

Source: Myself, I sell them :P

Personally I prefer cigars and I totally intend to buy a pipe this summer :D - I don't really get addicted to stuff very easily...

Mine have 24 mg

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #100884 by
Replied by on topic Re: Trying to quit smoking
Thank you everybody for your advice and support. I will say i refuse to take medication controlled by my "great" government for my own personal reasons but i do like the idea of throwing a cigarette out one more everyday ill try that and i also agree that it is all will power i have quit before cold turkey and then i kind of just put it out of my mind and ive been trying that but for some reason its not going so well this time around lol. But once again thank you everybody MTFBWY

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi