Hesiod

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 weeks ago #98646 by
Hesiod was created by
Hi all,

I'm VERY new here and was just browsing the library, and noticed that there weren't many books in the myths and legends section and would like to make a suggestion, 'The Theogony' by Hesiod depicts the Ancient Greek's beliefs concering the Titans, the Gods and how they believe that life began. It's not very long and the translations will vary but it is a fascinating insight into the Ancient Greek belief system. (Also Ovid is similar concerning the Romans)

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this thread, so i apologise if it wasn't meant to be here.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 weeks ago #98649 by
Replied by on topic Re: Hesiod
Don't worry about thread placement it will doubtless be moved if a moderator feels that there is a more appropriate place :)

Thanks for the suggestion though!

More
10 years 7 months ago #118753 by Lykeios Little Raven
Replied by Lykeios Little Raven on topic Hesiod

Miyana wrote: Hi all,

I'm VERY new here and was just browsing the library, and noticed that there weren't many books in the myths and legends section and would like to make a suggestion, 'The Theogony' by Hesiod depicts the Ancient Greek's beliefs concering the Titans, the Gods and how they believe that life began. It's not very long and the translations will vary but it is a fascinating insight into the Ancient Greek belief system. (Also Ovid is similar concerning the Romans)

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this thread, so i apologise if it wasn't meant to be here.

I agree! We need some Hesiod around these parts! Its very easy to tie his writing in with the Force. In short: Seconded!

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi