The need of an inter-religious church - all religions talk about light vs. dark!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago #336697 by
I`ve often come to think about that humanity could have good use of an inter-religious church which simply takes up the theme about light vs. darkness, regardless of different religions concrete religious stories.

The topic of light vs. dark seems to be universal comprehendible to all and seems to be the universal theme that every religion have in common, more or less, despite the differences between the different religions concrete religious stories.

But I guess thats what we have jediism for ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago #336700 by
I've been lurking around an assembly of Unitarian Universalists for a month or two ... I'm not ready to start attending "church" again, but they seem to fit your description. They seem like a good bunch of people and trying to make it work.

Also . Jedi FTW :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago #336704 by

Kraz wrote:
The topic of light vs. dark seems to be universal comprehendible to all and seems to be the universal theme that every religion have in common, more or less,

I would disagree. For example I do not believe in the concept of light and dark in the context I believe you are trying to convey here.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #336722 by Adder
Day and night probably. We are really lucky to be born in our place of evolution and even more lucky to be the most capable species here, but stripped of those things might see us in an environment where focus laid and decisions made had a significantly greater urgency for rigidity - forcing our net group of behaviours to be much more narrowly defined in a specialization of survival. I'd say this tends to 'colour' ones existence, for it only really tends to fit in to a set place else it be destroyed. When this happens, I think it is as if one is immersed to the extent that there is no other colour that one can relate to... and that this is the darkness most real.

By contrast (no pun intended), being afforded the benefits of being human on Earth in this time means we can be open to a larger range of the spectrum of being, we are able to be more coloured in that manner of speaking. As such it could be said that this is akin to a 'every colour' Light path. The trick is having and holding this path outside of the comfort and security of those affordances in being human here and now. Carrying the flame so to speak.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago #336847 by
Thank you for the tips, Luciane! :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #336849 by
My point isnt that every religion is dualistic, Kyrin Wyldstar, but that there in every religion, also monotheistic among others, seems to exist an (evaluated) belief that values "the eternal good" (which often affiliates as "the light"), that have a higher value than "the bad" (which we often affiliate with darkness).
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago #336850 by
Thank you for the reflected response, Adder!

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #336851 by Carlos.Martinez3
I’m a minister here in actual practice. What I practice Is my calling. I would never expect anyone do you ever do exactly like me. What I can say is Intra-faith encouragement and ministering isn’t easy. I meet many here and in real life who are a different way or idea or even faith and often times it’s the encouragement in their own faith that helps them grow- just to see it in action- just to see some one care enough to do it - those are the game changers ( for me in my practice). It’s hard and it’s a level of selfless that can’t be taught or even penned at times but it’s my hope - that every where I step leave grace and compassion and ... a way - often never mine but that takes a whole lotta different approaches when I actual reality use. Feel free to pm me directly anytime. INTRA faith ministering is somthing not everyone and not just anyone can understand. It takes the calling and the need often - and that type of character. Where some lay bricks to pave their way - other lay bricks and help others pave their own ways - it’s like the old saying - remove not harm lead but don’t force and show but don’t blind ... the most difficult tasks in life to master are indeed the most worth sometimes. If you choose that path ! Smiley face

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #336855 by

Kraz wrote: My point isnt that every religion is dualistic, Kyrin Wyldstar, but that there in every religion, also monotheistic among others, seems to exist an (evaluated) belief that values "the eternal good" (which often affiliates as "the light"), that have a higher value than "the bad" (which we often affiliate with darkness).

Many do yes, but my point is that not all do. For example true witchcraft, that practiced outside the yuppy white lighters, is not based in any sort of duality. I am not a believer in duality at all. I dont believe evil or good exist as a dichotomy. Energy is just energy. Its not white or black, dark or light, good or evil. There is no "darkness" as a form in anything we need to "avoid". There are just actions and consequences. that is all.
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 135