‘Secular Invocation’

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #149368 by
Replied by on topic ‘Secular Invocation’

steamboat28 wrote:

Jestor wrote: Currently we lack a phrase for "the opening of a meeting with wishes of good tidings in a non-religious way"...

The term "benediction" works here. While it still carries the stink of religious connotations, it is linguistically accurate in these circumstances in ways that "invocation" is not.

Akkarin wrote: Yes steamboat you are being a stickler. Why can one not invoke the good nature of the human spirit?

This implies a universal belief that it exists. Which, given the state of the world, is highly questionable.

Lol, both words have a plethora of meanings and both of them have meanings that can be used completely secularly.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #149388 by
I think its up to the parents and churches to give religious and moral guidance. The state should know its limits, and not over burden its self.

As for the colonists we had to get of our rock because its to cold to grow food here most of the year lol so we made ships to go and plunder, well gather LOL ........then when the new USA towns and transport was all paid for and the rebels/pirates where asked to pay for there ships towns and a heap of tax, they said no bugger off queeny lolz nice one, come and get it if you think your hard enough hahah, that's the venison we get drummed in to our heads here . : )
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by .

More
9 years 10 months ago #149392 by Wescli Wardest

Analyze wrote: I think its up to the parents and churches to give religious and moral guidance. The state should know its limits, and not over burden its self.

And Peers!?!? :D

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #149396 by
HAhaha yer and i forgot Peers thay have the most impact

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi