Your religion is fiction

More
10 years 4 months ago #127404 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Your religion is fiction
Confrontation? Hmmm makes me wonder if reconciliation is the dichotomy to confrontation, sharing a root perhaps of interaction.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #127412 by
Replied by on topic Your religion is fiction

MagnusD wrote:

Proteus wrote: While this is a very interesting topic, I find myself wondering if there is any certain assumption you have about Jediism (or just TOTJO) behind it?

Assumptions... I have some, though I do try to temper them with an open mind, so that I can let them go once more information is available to take their place.

I'm guessing what you're really asking is whether I assume you're just obsessed fans trying to float X-Wings (Lego models maybe?) with your mind.
No.

Clearly you all chose the Jedi from Star Wars as your inspiration, which I suppose in part is why this post seemed relevant to this forum, but both the fictional Jedi and the doctrine on this site shows clear links to Eastern philosophy, and some references that link into out ancient Western cultures and beliefs; though perhaps that is because both are paths in the same direction.

My assumption here is that you are like most people, trying to make sense of the world around you, trying to find a path that you can follow, and unlike many, forging your own when needed.

I have never seen Star Wars.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 4 months ago #127417 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Your religion is fiction

Mareeka wrote:

but but but.... how will you understand the jokes and bad puns?!

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #127418 by
Agreed, you'll reach Alderaan conclusions! :blink:
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #127420 by
Replied by on topic Re:Re: Your religion is fiction

Lykeios wrote:

Kaverael wrote:

Clif Note version: Your title is confrontational, but you make some good points.

Let us not forget one simple fact: Life IS confrontation.

I don't think confrontational is the correct word. Challanging may be better. If you beliefs are challange and you can't defend they the you need to rethink stuff. Challange is good. Most don't like being challanged. It makes them feel uncomfortable. I see that as insecurity.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #127429 by

Kaverael wrote: Magnus,

I think you are getting some blowback from this because the title is stated as a fact - "your religion is fiction."

To quote from Star Wars, Qui Gon says - "Jedis do not deal in absolutes."

None of us really knows what exactly is going on inside, and outside this universe. We use the things that influence us in this world, and come up with a "best guess" on what it is that is happening. Many people see it through the eyes of one of the many, numerous religions, while others judge it only on what they see and can scientifically prove. Either way, what they believe is the fact of their existence, and no two people have the same experience.

So to come here and to drop down the gauntlet of your opinion, and state is as fact, is an affront to some people, especially since you are seen as a guest here.

Judging by your last post, I get the sense that you too are searching for path to follow, and want to know if this is the place for you. For that, I must commend you, as I think that is why we all come here. What you will find is that what George Lucas used as inspiration for his made-up religion in the Star Wars movies, is based on several ideas from real life religions, and those points are what draw us here, as they resonate with what we feel is the right path. Using the term Jedi, or Jediism is just a way to mix those eastern and western influences into one fluid belief system, and give it a name.

Clif Note version: Your title is confrontational, but you make some good points.

The title it a statement; it was designed to get a reaction from people, get them to click the post.
If you check out the actual content of the first post, you'll see that there is nothing to "defend" or "confront"; I was asking for people's thoughts on a subject that has been of interest to me over this past couple of years.
Insofar as "finding a path", I walk a path- one dubbed "The Path through the Forest" for a book by the same name. If you've ever walked a forest path, sometimes you still need to get out the old map and compass and take a bearing, make sure it's still taking you where you want to go.
I am always seeking new knowledge, and I use a variety of tools to get it; occasionally a challenging title :-p

Besides, if I have "thrown down the gauntlet" as a guest, there seem to be many members willing to pick it up, regardless of that status!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #127431 by
may awen be with you

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
10 years 4 months ago #127511 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Your religion is fiction
Without reading all the posts and only going by the thread title....all religions are fiction, it's the moral and ethical lessons within that are most important, does it matter if they use a story to teach them? Not to me, nor to many others...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #127530 by

Mareeka wrote: I have never seen Star Wars.

so that's what living under palpy's like

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #127534 by

Brenna wrote:

Mareeka wrote:

but but but.... how will you understand the jokes and bad puns?!

:cheer: :cheer: by the laughter :cheer: :cheer:

&

B) B) and the listening to its source B) B)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi