The Nihang Sikhs and the Jedi

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #303704 by
My name is Nihang Gavin Singh,
One of the most important things I would like to discuss in this topic are the parallels between my own spiritual path and that of the actual Jedi.
Sikhs are Monopanentheists.

The principles of my faith are that one must be a

Saint
Soldier
and
Scholar

often called the way of the warrior saint.

both men and women are part of our order.
for us God is not a diety that lives in a heaven or "in the sky" but rather the very "Force" of / behind all phenomena - which dwells and is ever present in all things -- everywhere.
like the Jedi we Meditate and are initiated into the order... known as the order of the "Khalsa"

Attachment Reflection-Colour-Art-Wootz-Life.jpg not found

Attachment Contemplation-Colour-Art-Wootz-Life.jpg not found

Attachment tumblr_mi1nmpDg441rpte1ho1_1280.jpg not found

Attachment jedisikh2.jpg not found

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #303707 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic The Nihang Sikhs and the Jedi
Welcome Nihang!

I have read a little about your faith but I look forward to discussing it in depth with you. A lot of us pull stuff from both the fiction and other teachings around the world in which we view the Force very much as you do in your current faith.

Much Love and Respect,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 6 months ago #303710 by MadHatter
Welcome Nihang I hope you enjoy your time at the Temple. Funny enough I am waiting on a copy of The Adi Granth to arrive in the mail by the end of the month. May the Force be with you on your journey here.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #303712 by
Replied by on topic The Nihang Sikhs and the Jedi
Awesome, thats cool to hear.
If its the Dr. Ernest Trump translation - I would personally cancel the order as it is by far the worst translation - used to mock the Sikh faith.

The best or most widely used would be the Dr. Sant Singh transaltion found online: http://www.sikhnet.com/oldsikhnet/sggs/translation/0001.html#jpu

hope that helps, if you need any aid in understanding the way it works feel free to message me anytime ;)

More
6 years 6 months ago #303722 by Lykeios Little Raven
Sat sri akaal! And welcome, Nihang.

I grew up with a friend who is Sikh. He taught me some about the faith and I've done my own research to learn a little more about it too. It is, to me, a beautiful and powerful belief system.

Thanks for sharing that link to the translation of the Adi Granth, I think I'll have to read that when I have some spare time.

Anyway, hope you enjoy your time here and I look forward to speaking with you!

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #303746 by
Replied by on topic The Nihang Sikhs and the Jedi
Greetings and welcome! I've not had much contact with the Sikh in my path through life. I hope to learn more about them through your representation here. :) From what I understand of it, the Sikh path and Jedi path are quite similar, as you put it "Saint, Soldier, and Scholar".

May the Force continue to guide you.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi