Recognized symbol?

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #95453 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Recognized symbol?

Alastor wrote: That is sad though

What is?

That we didnt combine?

We need the diversity in the community... In my opinion...

The other groups that are active, I feel, look down on us because we see this as a religion...

Not that I care what others think, lol... It is what it is...:)

But, this is a major reason that they do not often stop by...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #95454 by
Replied by on topic Re: Recognized symbol?
No Jestor, not that we did not combine, sometimes separation makes groups stronger.

It is sad that humanity has such a hard time accepting others beliefs, and that those with similar thoughts eventually fight with the belief that their "deity" is on their side.The Crusades for example.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 1 month ago #95457 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Recognized symbol?
In our quest to do that which is right, we are bound to hurt those who believe our wrongs are right and our rights are wrong.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
11 years 1 month ago #95458 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: Recognized symbol?
We did not know at the time but all the weirdness was coming from Baral Fobre who was running CoJ during that time. He was finally revealed to be Alexander Barnes. He left CoJ and started the now gone New Jediism Order. I still don't believe he's had his eighteenth birthday yet. He was fifteen or so when all this was going on.

Nowadays CoJ appears to be mostly a Facebook membership group though they have a web site. We have no current issues with them one way or the other. Their members are welcome here and, as far as I know, our members are welcome there.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #95459 by

Alastor wrote: No Jestor, not that we did not combine, sometimes separation makes groups stronger.

It is sad that humanity has such a hard time accepting others beliefs, and that those with similar thoughts eventually fight with the belief that their "deity" is on their side.The Crusades for example.

Yes it is sad. But we will have to deal with that all our lives and well into the future. I fear we will never be seen as a true religion, and only looked as fan boys. And the true fan boys look down on us for being a religion. You'll never win.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #95461 by
Very true Ren
@Alastor, i am Atheist. I have beliefs,i have faith, i have religion...just not in any deity. This for me makes my life simple. I understand ppl who don't, i respect their views.
Religion to me is merely a life choice based on spirituality/belief/faith....this does not require a deity, or worship...although amongst the Jedi community, the Force has mixed connotations. To some it just is...others think it has a will etc. Is Jediism a religion?....i say yes, based on what a religion is defined as .
A phrase i often use is, "fear not religion, but those who preach it".
That said....accepting another's beliefs is never a problem for me.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 1 month ago #95468 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Recognized symbol?

Alastor wrote: is sad that humanity has such a hard time accepting others beliefs, and that those with similar thoughts eventually fight with the belief that their "deity" is on their side.The Crusades for example.

And in my opinion, why TOTKO continues to grow....

We don't tell you what a jedi is...

Believe as you like.....

Just mind your manners......

Generally speaking not aiming my comment at anyone specific...:)

In our quest to do that which is right, we are bound to hurt those who believe our wrongs are right and our rights are wrong.

You are right of course...

If only people would not let their feelings get hurt so easy, and consider that maybe, just maybe, there is a chance, that our "right" is "right"....

B)

All this serious talk, now its time for some polka!

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #95477 by
theres always time for some polka! ;)

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 1 month ago #95479 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Recognized symbol?

Br. John wrote: We did not know at the time but all the weirdness was coming from Baral Fobre who was running CoJ during that time. He was finally revealed to be Alexander Barnes. He left CoJ and started the now gone New Jediism Order. I still don't believe he's had his eighteenth birthday yet. He was fifteen or so when all this was going on.

Nowadays CoJ appears to be mostly a Facebook membership group though they have a web site. We have no current issues with them one way or the other. Their members are welcome here and, as far as I know, our members are welcome there.

To be honest I don't believe this story. What kind of adult(Daniel) honestly leaves their organization in the hands of a child(baral) and then blame that child for messing up? We know baral is a weirdo but i don't believe a single word Daniel said about him. especially since it was said AFTER baral left CoJ ( a second time). Baral was too young to legally have any official position at CoJ and could not have signed a legally binding contract under 18 (minimum age requirement in england and wales).

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #95482 by
As a member (note member only) of the CoJ, post Baral's time there...i have made many friends there...i have seen council members come and go. Its my opinion they have their heart in the right place, but lack direction and conviction. Daniel has recently come back actively at last....perhaps this will be the turn around it has so badly needed....only time will tell.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi