Suggestion: Making chat ceremonies "private".

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #78539 by

V-Tog wrote: It's always good when the person leading the ceremony times out, or the person being honoured...it's happened to me a few times! :laugh:

Lol yeah...you really gotta find a new ISP, V. :laugh: :silly:
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by . Reason: Color Fix

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #78540 by Ben

Resticon wrote: you really gotta find a new ISP, V. :laugh: :silly:

I don't time out nearly as often as some people! Just always seems to happen to me at the most unhelpful moments...

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #78612 by
There are 3 types of 'rank bars' on TotJO

Statuses, Ranks and Offices

A 'Rank' is: Novice, Initiate, Apprentice etc that is a level of training shown on the site

A 'Status' is something like: Temple Member, Teaching Master etc that is the current status of someone which doesn't involve ranks (though some are prerequisites)

An 'Office' is: Councillor, Librarian, Treasurer etc These are specific positions of responsibility in the Order

There are also 'Clerical Ranks' which are on a 'separate' strand of training

I am Senior Knight Michael Kitchen (Akkarin) and Deacon of Temple of the Jedi Order

I have the 'Status' of 'Temple Member', the 'Rank' of 'Senior Knight', the 'Clerical Rank' of Deacon' and I (unofficially - the way ren put it :laugh:) have the 'Office' of 'Editor-in-Chief'

That should clear up any issues people have regarding the various ways in which 'status bars' and positions of authority etc are sorted out

This is a discussion probably best left until after we have figured out the technical limitations of our new chat function but my suggestions are:

Temple Members and above can join in on specific ceremonies (attend etc)
Everyone else (of course they need to register first) can join in on Sermons - think walking into your church on a Sunday

We should get problems only rarely but when we do a ban (even if temporary) should be imposed to ensure that smooth operation etc is maintained (kicking the smoking chavs out of the church on the Sunday - forgive the stereotyping lol)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #78624 by
Would it be difficult to add permissions that the admin could turn on or off for an account? Such as permission to speak in chat or permission to even view chat? If that was something able to be done then you wouldn't have to worry about ranks and could just let anybody in that had been deemed trustworthy enough to not cause disruptions. I don't know if this is even possible or if it would be worth the possible hassle, just trying to throw two cents in that might help make it up to a dollar.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #78627 by

discordor wrote: Would it be difficult to add permissions that the admin could turn on or off for an account? Such as permission to speak in chat or permission to even view chat? If that was something able to be done then you wouldn't have to worry about ranks and could just let anybody in that had been deemed trustworthy enough to not cause disruptions. I don't know if this is even possible or if it would be worth the possible hassle, just trying to throw two cents in that might help make it up to a dollar.

This is possible as far as I'm aware in our current situation and should be even easier to implement in our up-and-coming forum update

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 5 months ago #78636 by Jestor
Being a church, we give everyone the benefit of the doubt...

We become "reactive" in certain circumstances because we like to think the best in people...

And, we will continue to do so....

If, there ever comes a time where we feel it is important, ren will work his magic, and we will worry about it then....

Just like a real church, we welcome first, "flex-up" on people, second....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi