A few general questions

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #48033 by
A few general questions was created by
I have read the temple doctorine and understand that Jediism is a able t be integrated into anyones life in conjunction with any other religion but as a devout Christian it is still a big question needing to be addressed in some way I believe as Christianity is a monocryistic religion. My question is "How do any of you masters address this issue?"

My other questions mostly concern the website itself as I have never been a member of a forum before.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 2 months ago #48034 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: A few general questions
Can the Force be God?

I think so, how about you?

Does this help?

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #48036 by
Replied by on topic Re: A few general questions
And that's pretty well how I had decided to take it as well.
I really just wanted to make sure that this mentality would not be discouraged amongst the order.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 2 months ago #48038 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: A few general questions
Heck no!

None of us are positive what, or who, well see when we pass...

Myself, I do not believe in God... An entity sitting in judgement, waiting for our return to heaven...

I think instead, that there's a nameless "force" (unifying force/energy), that I will fold back into, and once there. Have no recollection of anything else....

That's what I think today, as my disclaimer at the bottom says, I may change my mind....

BUT, one opinion shared here at TOTJO, that won't change, is the right of each of us to think, and believe, what works for each of us....

;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #48075 by
I can deffinately appreciate that as I am...... individualistic, to say the least. LOL.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #48076 by
Makes sense to me too. I see how it can be seen either way. I had a similar question some time ago when I was writing about atheism in my journal. It was fun to reflect and explore and ask questions of others to gain perspective.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #48084 by
Jairo, have you read posts in the Abrahamic forum:
http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Abrahamic

There may be some answers for you there too. Christianity may be monotheistic but there are also aspects of God such as the Holy Spirit that may resonate with what other Jediist practices see as the Force. Anyway, the key point is to find your own perspective and we are here to support that in whatever way we can!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #48093 by
It seems to me that this is the kind of thing that a Lucas fan would jump blindly into without any consideration or forethought just because they want to be a Jedi Knight and there may be a large number of members who wouldn't take this seriously. The choice to take on a new religion is a deeply personal and very serious task to undertake. I take it very seriously. I have studied many religions, mythologies, and cultures from across the globe and even dabbled in a few of them here and there. I even practiced and taught martial arts for a while, an experience which greatly influenced my choices of lifestyle which were not very conducive to the popular Christian views and teachings. Many of these practices are found in the temple doctrine, which is what has really moved me to join. The real kicker is that I would always check with the written word to see what it had to say about these practices and I was able to find something supporting it in 90% of the cases. For example Meditation is a practice I picked up in martial arts that was widely discouraged throughout members of my church at the time, who believed it was a way of "inviting the devil in". Yet it is clearly stated in the bible as well as the quoran, the Torah, and many other religious documents that we should meditate daily. Just sayin. I don't want to be misunderstood. I completely grasp the concepts of the doctrine, and I think I know how I would like to incorporate Jediism into my life, I just think I need a little guidance into that and I wanted to be sure it would be temple approved and understood that I intend to take this seriously.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi