solemn oath

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #45775 by
solemn oath was created by
is it too early to take my solemn oath. ive done alot of soul searching and i want to take my solemn oath and take my next step deeper into jediism

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #45777 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: solemn oath

ACooper wrote: is it too early to take my solemn oath. ive done alot of soul searching and i want to take my solemn oath and take my next step deeper into jediism

Are we still calling it Solemn Oath? If that slipped by the editors please let me know. It should be Simple Oath and Solemn Vow for the titles but that does not change the meaning of The Oath and The Vow.

The Oath is a commitment but it's revocable if you change your mind. You have to give public notice if you do decide to revoke it. It makes you a member and gives you rights as a member if you've submitted a true Jedi Application. At the time you're ready to become a Knight you decide if you're willing to take The Solemn Vow which is an irrevocable commitment for life.

No, it's not too early to take The Oath.

Founder of The Order

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #45778 by
Replied by on topic Re: solemn oath
yea i mean the vow. i already took the oath. i want to take the vow

More
12 years 4 months ago #45780 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: solemn oath
You could take it personally and offer it but we do not consider it valid or binding until the time one is to become a Knight. We can't accept it.

The only exception (and it would take The Council to grant a dispensation) has been in the case of one with a terminal illness.

Believe me your Oath is very important and your works are what matter now.

Founder of The Order

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #45802 by
Replied by on topic Re: solemn oath
Thank you master

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi