Matriculation in the Order

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #355683 by
Replied by on topic The Clergy of the Order
where did you get that? No one is really a master,because it is arrogance to say one has learned all their is about a subject,this is right,But that's not the issue,One never stops learning,But you can't re learn what you already know. Can you teach yourself to walk when you already do? Can you re learn how to ride a bike? unless one has a brain injury,
Nobody can re-learn anything,Just new stuff buddy.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by .
The topic has been locked.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 5 months ago #355684 by
Good for you...I'll line up your parade...But i did not demand anything..
I was simply making a point from another point of view..take it easy...
More
3 years 5 months ago #355685 by Skryym
Replied by Skryym on topic The Clergy of the Order

Drak wrote: where did you get that? No one is really a master,because it is arrogance to say one has learned all their is about a subject,this is right,But that's not the issue,One never stops learning,But you can't re learn what you already know. Can you teach yourself to walk when you already do? Can you re learn how to ride a bike? unless one has a brain injury,
Nobody can re-learn anything,Just new stuff buddy.

Many masters over the years have gone through the IP for a second, and even third time. They are not re-learning it, they are re-reading it with a new perspective. They also do this because it makes them better teachers. Because I am on the IP team, I have read some parts of the IP over 100 times. Every single novice has a different perspective with which they view the IP and each perspective has value. If you are already trained as you claim to be, then I would love to read your perspective about the IP as you complete each lesson. It would have value, it would add to the community. No one is metaphorically re-learning how to walk or ride a bicycle, they are training their minds to think in different perspectives.

If you have already learned everything the IP has to offer, it should be a breeze to go through it again. Even if you don't value the content, maybe a reader would greatly appreciate what you have to say - and you can teach by learning.

There is no bad weather, only bad attitudes and bad attire. - Gandalf the Grey
TM: Loudzoo
Skryym's Novice Journal | Meditation Journal | Apprentice Journal | Skryym's 2022 IP Journal |
B.Div Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, Carlos.Martinez3
More
3 years 5 months ago #355687 by Zero
Replied by Zero on topic The Clergy of the Order
IMO I think the sheer fact that you haven’t done our training is exactly the reason for your assessment. Just from reading your post I get the impression that you lack patience, and don’t see the value in the “journey“. We have knights and masters here who redo the IP every few years just to see if, or how much they have changed. Opinions and views change over time. Beliefs change over time. People change over time.

The other point I will make is a simple one. We get new members here every week. It would shock you how many people came here making very close to the exact same argument you make, then as we dig deeper we learn that they are lying. People claiming to be knights and masters else wear don’t realize how interconnected the Jedi community is. We have a guest show up as claim there a master at FA not realizing we have leaders of the different aspects here, and they have never even heard of the person. I’m NOT saying that’s the case with you, or everyone, but it is something we have to keep in mind. It’s not hard to notice that you haven’t said which organization granted you the rank of master. I think that says something as well.

Bottom line I guess is to be a knight or master at TOTJO, you have to complete the TOTJO ip, apprenticeship with a TOTJO knight, and do the training our way. Underhanded comments about our “Cut and paste”doctrine Won’t win you any brownie points here either. It just shows that by TOTJO standards, your not ready to be an apprentice here, let alone a master.

Ps, ending a post with no disrespect intended, does not undo all the disrespect you just dished out.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentice: Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini, Khwang

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, Carlos.Martinez3, Skryym
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 5 months ago #355688 by
It amazes me that i have tried to be clear.and state that i was only making a suggestion.
ALL OF YOU seem to have a problem with the idea of maybe a change by suggestion.
With every message i have also stated i meant no disrespect. I have plenty of patience,
if i didn't i would not still be here,reading of of your silly little replies,Speaking to me as if i where just throwing disrespect everywhere. You leave quotes by , Albert Einstein But fail to grasp the simplicity of a suggestion from some one who is new and may not understand the ways of this temple fully..So thanks for your very reductive comment.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #355689 by
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
― Euripides, The Bacchae

Laurence J. Peter
“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”
― Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
Bertrand Russell
“A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.”
― Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 5 months ago #355690 by
see, now that is reasonable..Thanks for being alright about it.
More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #355691 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic The Clergy of the Order
Why are you so bothered at the thought of having to do a bit more study until you get the rank you think you qualify for? We encourage self reflection for all, novice to master. Why should we give you a rank, knowing nothing about you, something that cannot be resolved by simply asking questions, because behaviour is as important as knowledge. Join in, do some of the IP, show us the Jedi in you.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Skryym, Zero
More
3 years 5 months ago #355692 by Zero
Replied by Zero on topic The Clergy of the Order
The suggestion you made is a valid one, one that has been made by countless other people. It’s one that has been thought about and debated on over and over, and the result is what has shaped our rules and policy on this exact topic.

We are far from afraid of change. But I think it’s a smidge “self centered” for you to think that sense you Made the suggestion, and were not changing, that In turn means we are afraid of change. This temple has existed for years, and has been through several changes over time. Your upset that we’re not changing for you on day one? Really?

I’ve said all I need to on this topic, and won’t be addressing it again. If you decide to stick around that would be great, and I would look forward to reading your ip journal. In fact I personally will be your ip sponsor. If you decide not to stay then I’m sorry to see you go.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentice: Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini, Khwang

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #355693 by
OOOOOO i made the boss come out to play....you make the most sense, I accept your challenge!!!! so, how does one go about making a journal? also, where do i send these
essays about the lessons? I'll show you all a jedi,even if i have to dance to your tune.
I never meant any disrespect,For real, I was just making a suggestion,But you are right..Some things can't be determined by questions alone,But they can be determined off of answers to questions you give? you see that? You catch that? you kinda contradict but that's okay, I'll play?
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi