Why is my avatar the wrong colour?

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #292416 by Edan

Avalonslight wrote: It sounds to me like - and this is just a random thought - the potential culprit may not be the avatar upload, but rather the hosted sig pic. The site in question could be potentially compressing it, which might funkify the color a bit. Then again, I suppose that could be happening here too?

Another question: Does the program give you the option to differentiate between saving the file as an RGB or CMYK file?

If you can email me the jpgs, I'll mess about and see if something is going on with the uploading or whatever after I get rid of this darned headache...

I think the culprit must be TOTJO because of the following:

Attachment ScreenShot2017-07-23at21.10.21.png not found

You can clearly see the original image versus how TOTJO shows it. The image shows how my Firefox shows it to me, highlighting the obvious difference, on Safari the difference is much less (but still different).

It's annoying, but I can live with it.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Edan.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #292417 by Edan
This is how it shows on Safari:

Attachment ScreenShot2017-07-23at21.13.29.png not found

You can see that the difference is not so bad, but still different.

Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292418 by
It's the avatar upload I suspect, it does compress - see my originally high resolution avatar for proof.

Workaround would be recolour the sig image to the same shade of grey, using the colour dropper.

More
6 years 9 months ago #292421 by Edan

tzb wrote: It's the avatar upload I suspect, it does compress - see my originally high resolution avatar for proof.

Workaround would be recolour the sig image to the same shade of grey, using the colour dropper.

I've done your suggestion and it still looks completely wrong on Firefox, but they look the same on Safari now. I checked on Jeriko's phone (mine is now a brick) and ironically my signature now looks slightly darker.

I think I am going to lose this one!

The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi