In search for a chat

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #282305 by
In search for a chat was created by
Dearest Jedi and guests,

I hope no one minds that I open this spesific topic, but I struggle with several things and I am worrying about it for a while ehm... I really do hope that no one has problems with this request feel free to ignore it if you have no interest in it. If this thread would be not so handy, feel free to lock and delete it as I do not enjoy getting into trouble with posting weird topics.. ehm.. :unsure:

Assuming that this is potentially a very powerful and effective way of training, I found inspiration in Kyukushinkai ryu, that I used to practice alongside other Japanese material arts, the concept style is known as hyakunin kumite , also known as the 100 man fight challenge... :blush: For the Seminary I have to complete a set of chats with people. But I realize this is not enough for me as I am a fairly closed person.
As I am trying to push myself but keep failing because I am just too nervous and totally not assertive. How can I be a minister if I stay in my shell? Simultaneously it gives the community a better way of learning to know me, it might drag other people out of their shell too to seek help if I am able to finish my seminary one day. So I would like to ask the Temple for help, possible that it will be beneficial in more than one way. I am looking for a chat, at least but not limited to:

• 1 person with a religion that is not Christian or Jewish;
  • 2 Jedi of this community;
  • 1 Jedi of another community (primarily).

• If someone has interest, feel free to post it here in this thread and I will contact you. Please do not PM me about participation before I PM you if you want to participate as it is a good practice for me to PM others I guess...

I am willingly to chat with everyone who has its interest expressed in this thread, even after I hit my required amounts of chats as I conciser it a practice for not only my seminary so to speak... the more the better, it will serve me as experience to be a better minister one day. :blush:

Notice:
  • I will make a global essay of every chat for my Seminarium Journal;
  • It will be posted in my Seminarium Journal; (that is in the invisible section to everyone below the rank of initiate)
  • The chats themselves happen in the private chatbox option after we arrange a time to chat trough PM;
  • The chat logs will not be posted in public but might be shown to the Synod;
  • Notice that the chats are not scripted as in a normal interview and I have no list of questions.

• May the Force guide us and shine with us all,

~
    Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
    6 years 11 months ago #282311 by Kobos
    Replied by Kobos on topic In search for a chat
    Codex,

I would be greatly appreciative to participate. This may very well be a chance for me to organize and place some of my thoughts better than they have been. to practice it through communication with another is will be productive, as keeping journal helps, but perspective is not single pointed. I will say I was raised Catholic......studied history.......became a Buddhist for a bit...........then settled on Taoism until I found my way here (still pretty Taoist). Let me know if I fit for what you're looking for I don't mind being recorded ect. and sent to the synod.

In Peace,
    Tim

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
    How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
    Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
    I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
    MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
    TB:Nakis
    Knight of the Conclave
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J,

More
    6 years 10 months ago #282344 by Rosalyn J
    Replied by Rosalyn J on topic In search for a chat
    I'd be delighted to chat with you, Codex. I'm a Christian Jedi

Pax Per Ministerium
    [img

The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
    6 years 10 months ago #282371 by Carlos.Martinez3
    How do input my name on that list ? May I?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
    pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
    Build, not tear down.
    Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Topic Author
    • Visitor
    • Visitor
      Public
    6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #282378 by
    Replied by on topic In search for a chat

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: How do input my name on that list ? May I?

An I-am-interested pm in this thread is all it takes. You just did! I will send you a PM. :)
    Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by .

• Visitor
    • Visitor
      Public
    6 years 10 months ago #282400 by
    I'm interested in helping, if possible. I haven't done a lot on this site yet (in terms of my journal) but I've been actively reading forum posts and looking at the community.

• Visitor
    • Visitor
      Public
    6 years 10 months ago #282404 by
    I'd be glad to assist you in coming out of your shell too if you want.I could probably use some of that myself plus it would just be nice to have a chat.

• Visitor
    • Visitor
      Public
    6 years 10 months ago #282436 by
    As an ex-Christian Jedi who has taken the mantle of Buddhism I believe I can be of help.

More
    6 years 10 months ago #282512 by Kit
    Replied by Kit on topic In search for a chat
    You're welcome to send me a PM, I practice shamanism and am in another community as well.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28,

More
    6 years 10 months ago #282623 by Reacher
    Replied by Reacher on topic In search for a chat
    Send a Private Message to me at your leisure, Codex.

Jedi Knight

The self-confidence of the warrior is not the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eyes and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi