Profiles - Gender

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #260308 by
Replied by on topic Profiles - Gender
Ah maybe gender is the wrong word . if we use the word "sex" you can only be one or the other , or , not want anybody to know what you are , you dont have to fill it in....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
7 years 6 months ago #260310 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Profiles - Gender

MartaLina wrote: Ah maybe gender is the wrong word . if we use the word "sex" you can only be one or the other , or , not want anybody to know what you are , you dont have to fill it in....

Indeed. My greatest regret when rewriting the doctrine was to use the word "gender" (pseudo-political nonsense) instead of "sex" (a fact of lfe)

Looking deeper into it it looks as though it can be done without breaking the forum with minimal effort, so as long as it works out this way, it's a non-issue for me.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarran,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #260312 by

ren wrote:

MartaLina wrote: Ah maybe gender is the wrong word . if we use the word "sex" you can only be one or the other , or , not want anybody to know what you are , you dont have to fill it in....

Indeed. My greatest regret when rewriting the doctrine was to use the word "gender" (pseudo-political nonsense) instead of "sex" (a fact of lfe)

Looking deeper into it it looks as though it can be done without breaking the forum with minimal effort, so as long as it works out this way, it's a non-issue for me.

Ah you are going to change the word gender into sex ? Because i can be quite the butch he woman and my current answer to my gender does not express that now :P

• ren
    Registered
More
7 years 6 months ago #260314 by ren

MartaLina wrote:

ren wrote:

Ah you are going to change the word gender into sex ? Because i can be quite the butch he woman and my current answer to my gender does not express that now :P

Yes I have :D
It's sex, and we have female, male and "neither". We've had at least one "neither" before, and as unlikely as we are to meet hermaphrodites/intersex/you-name-it, it's only fair. They should have it on passports too imo.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #260315 by

ren wrote:

MartaLina wrote:

ren wrote:

It's sex, and we have female, male and "neither". We've had at least one "neither" before, and as unlikely as we are to meet hermaphrodites/intersex/you-name-it, it's only fair. They should have it on passports too imo.

Excellent , Edan is right , gender is a confusing word with different meanings to people , the word sex says exactly what you are :) or not if you are neither ...

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #260316 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Profiles - Gender
Or... you know.. could just leave it as "gender" and change it to a fill in box and let people put what they feel applies best to them? That's just a simple matter of changing the entry type and pretty easily done on just about any forum profile set up...

Because frankly gender and sex are completely different things and gender has a greater day to day role in how people interact with one another compared to sex.

But whatever -_-

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Avalon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

• ren
    Registered
More
7 years 6 months ago #260317 by ren

MartaLina wrote:

ren wrote:

MartaLina wrote:

ren wrote:

Excellent , Edan is right , gender is a confusing word with different meanings to people , the word sex says exactly what you are :) or not if you are neither ...

The gender thing is completely out of control, to a point where it feels like the embodiment of nonacceptance and self-hatred. That intersex member we had had a go at me after I suggested that they were perfectly fine as is and should not feel pressured to be one or the other.
To me it's just like "race". It staggered me when I moved to the UK that obviously mixed-race people so strongly identified as white or black. Now that I have a mixed-race family, this "identity" extremism worries me.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarran,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #260318 by

Avalonslight wrote: Or... you know.. could just leave it as "gender" and change it to a fill in box and let people put what they feel applies best to them? That's just a simple matter of changing the entry type and pretty easily done on just about any forum profile set up...

Because frankly gender and sex are completely different things and gender has a greater day to day role in how people interact with one another compared to sex.

But whatever -_-

I see what you mean , but there is an "about me" section too , where you can put all kinds of information you want to share about yourself

Attachment h423ad04.png not found

Attachments:

• ren
    Registered
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #260319 by ren

Avalonslight wrote: Or... you know.. could just leave it as "gender" and change it to a fill in box and let people put what they feel applies best to them? That's just a simple matter of changing the entry type and pretty easily done on just about any forum profile set up...

But whatever -_-

Does it and should it though?

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by ren.

More
7 years 6 months ago #260322 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Profiles - Gender
Can I get a 'dictionary check' please so I know we're all on the same page hahaa

Sex: physical pluming
Gender: the emotional/mental identity to society roles of male/female?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Breeze el Tierno, Tarran,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi