Star Wars & TOTJO Thread

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #169500 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Star Wars & TOTJO Thread
I think this is a very recent change as I was questioned about it not long ago. Personally I was in favor of no taboo open discussion and only very mild moderation back in the days (and still am).

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by ren.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #169509 by
Replied by on topic Star Wars & TOTJO Thread

steamboat28 wrote:

Rickie The Grey wrote: Star Wars & TOTJO

I can't post on this thread? It doesn't seem fair a thread is started with a quote from me and I can't contribute.

I apologize for that, Rickie. You're around so often I forgot you're a guest, and I did not intentionally exclude you. I just felt the discussion concerned the topic of the subforum I posted it in. It's my fault because I wasn't thinking and double-checking where I was posting, and because the double-change of forum privacy has left me kind of confused as to what's visible and postable and what's not.

That said, I am more than willing to continue the discussion here in the absence of that thread being whisked into the public realm.

Thank you for saying this. I do appreciate your intent and statement.

For everyone else.

OK OK OK! It was posted in the wrong place. I'm Ok with this. My issues with this is over. While I may disagree with some forum policies I can live with this.

Lets gets on with life. Don't move the thread and please drop this and let it go. :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #169510 by

steamboat28 wrote:

Rickie The Grey wrote: Star Wars & TOTJO

I can't post on this thread? It doesn't seem fair a thread is started with a quote from me and I can't contribute.

I apologize for that, Rickie. You're around so often I forgot you're a guest, and I did not intentionally exclude you. I just felt the discussion concerned the topic of the subforum I posted it in. It's my fault because I wasn't thinking and double-checking where I was posting, and because the double-change of forum privacy has left me kind of confused as to what's visible and postable and what's not.

That said, I am more than willing to continue the discussion here in the absence of that thread being whisked into the public realm.

Thank you. All is well. :) B)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #180142 by

ren wrote: I think this is a very recent change as I was questioned about it not long ago. Personally I was in favor of no taboo open discussion and only very mild moderation back in the days (and still am).

I have to admit I do agree with Ren on this point - it would seem something of a deterrent for new membership if Guests are unable to ask questions in certain areas - However I respect the Councils decision to implement this policy as I am sure they have very valid reasons for doing so - as someone once said to me - you can bake a cake but not everyone is going to like it.

However, I'd like to point out that should folks have questions they cant ask due to forum restrictions, there are other tools to enable the questions to be asked, for a start there is the public chat system and secondly, one could pick a member who isn't a guest, ie Initiates, Apprentice, Knights, Masters, Council members etc etc and send them a private message - I'm reasonably sure 99.9% of the members will be happy to help.

MTFBWY - A

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi