Should there be a live service to mark Jedi Memorial Day?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #78178 by

Jestor wrote: Its not the 'date's, its the idea...:)

How I feel about ALL "holi"days...:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #78179 by Ben
What I will do I think is provide an opportunity for those present to name people if they feel called to do so. I had not particularly planned to read out names myself but if anyone cannot attend or simply wishes to name someone whilst staying anonymous themselves, PM me the name and I will try to find a way of including them :)

B.Div | OCP

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 5 months ago #78181 by ren
Uh... Shouldn't it be nameless and cover everyone who's dead?

Not trying to crash the party but, uh, you know, crashing it anyway... :D

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben

More
11 years 5 months ago #78182 by Ben
You're the one posting names of particular people! :laugh:

You can do both you know...name people and remember those who are not named out loud.

I wasn't planning on naming, it just seemed that at least 3 different people have posted here mentioning specific people as though they ought to be named...

Again, I know I keep mentioning the Christian Church despite that fact that it has nothing to do with us, but it is a frame of reference for me because I'm so used to the way they do things...every service we pray in the intercessions for a specific list of named people, followed by all unnamed people...along the lines of: 'We pray for Joe, Tom, Jane, Claire, and any others known to us whom we now name in the silence of our hearts'.

B.Div | OCP

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 5 months ago #78209 by ren
I only mentioned Patty's husband because steve f was mentioned... I dont know what Patty's hubby died from, and wasn't a member during his life (apparently was absolute rubbish with computers), but he was posthumously made a honorary Knight of TOTJO.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi