Next Saturday Hangout July 11, 2020 17hrs GMT to 19hrs GMT in Discord (11 Jul 2020)

Our next hangout will be June 11, 2020 17hrs GMT to 19hrs GMT in Discord

The link is here: discord.com/invite/nhZvH6T

Should there be a live service to mark Jedi Memorial Day?

• Alluvius
24 Oct 2012 14:29 #78086 by Alluvius

ren wrote: I personally find the feast days a bit... obvious. You know? Like one day some dude said "let's have some feast days" and then made a list...

But Yes, you can have a live service... Though to be fair it could be mixed with your promotion on the 26th. Actually you could just do it right after your promotion.

For my part, I think it's a beautiful idea to mix the remembrance of the dead with the celebration of the yet living. There's a certain balance and harmony in that to me. I think it's a wonderful idea to work commemoration of those past into the promotion of those still here (V-Tog) for a sort of all-purpose celebration of the full cycle of life...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2012 15:59 #78094 by Jestor

ren wrote: Now that halloween non-sense is creeping in, I personally find it all absolutely ridiculous and frankly, inappropriate

:P

The Haunter in me is slowly dieing from that comment...

But, as its Halloween, thats not all bad, I could be a Zombie or skeleton...:woohoo:

Alluvius wrote: For my part, I think it's a beautiful idea to mix the remembrance of the dead with the celebration of the yet living. There's a certain balance and harmony in that to me. I think it's a wonderful idea to work commemoration of those past into the promotion of those still here (V-Tog) for a sort of all-purpose celebration of the full cycle of life...

Thats How I look at Halloween partly...

We are embracing the dead, as there should be nothing scary about dead things, and we are embracing life (the kids)...

The scariest things I face, are my worries for my children... Nothing else scares me...;) (ok, ren does... Oh, and the thought of the apocalypse, cause I dont know how people will cook cookies without a conventional oven...)

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

More
24 Oct 2012 16:34 #78099 by War Beauty

Jestor wrote: Thats How I look at Halloween partly...

We are embracing the dead, as there should be nothing scary about dead things, and we are embracing life (the kids)...

The scariest things I face, are my worries for my children... Nothing else scares me...;) (ok, ren does... Oh, and the thought of the apocalypse, cause I dont know how people will cook cookies without a conventional oven...)[/color]

MMkay, Jestor my brother....when you are the first to have your brains eaten by Zombies, I'm gunna show you a print out of this statement and subsequently follow up with a "I told you so". :evil:

"Not all who wander are lost..."
-Tolkien

More
24 Oct 2012 16:40 #78103 by RyuJin

War Beauty wrote:

Jestor wrote: Thats How I look at Halloween partly...

The scariest things I face, are my worries for my children... Nothing else scares me...;) (ok, ren does... Oh, and the thought of the apocalypse, cause I dont know how people will cook cookies without a conventional oven...)[/color]

MMkay, Jestor my brother....when you are the first to have your brains eaten by Zombies, I'm gunna show you a print out of this statement and subsequently follow up with a "I told you so". :evil:

:whistle: but uummm, how's he gonna unnerstand if his brain's been eaten :sick:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Out of darkness, he brings light. Out of hatred, love. Out of dishonor, honor-james allen-
He who has conquered doubt and fear has conquered failure-james allen-
The sword is the key to heaven and hell-Mahomet-
The best won victory is that obtained without shedding blood-Count Katsu-
All men's souls are immortal, only the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine -Socrates-
I'm the best at what I do, what I do ain't pretty-wolverine

J.L.Lawson,Sr Knight, B.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
24 Oct 2012 17:06 #78108 by MCSH

RyuJin wrote: :whistle: but uummm, how's he gonna unnerstand if his brain's been eaten :sick:

trying to solve 1+1?

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister
[/color]

More
24 Oct 2012 17:49 #78118 by V-Tog
Completely off-topic, but I'm pretty anti-Halloween...as a kid I refused to go out trick-or-treating because my conscience would not allow me to go out and demand sweets from strangers...

In places in this country, in the area in which I live for example, the trick part of trick-or-treat can mean eggs thrown at your house, or even the odd stone through th windows...I'm not sure that we should be teaching children that threatening people (trick-or-treat being a threat, of course, whether innocent or not) is a fun and acceptable thing to do.

I'm all for Halloween parties and festivals and stuff though :)

More
24 Oct 2012 17:55 #78120 by Jestor
I dont like just handing out the candy....

We have a spooky walk...

But nevermind, wrong thread... :)

(check out my vacation thread for the walkthrough if you havent...;))

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

TOTJO Council
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Resticon
24 Oct 2012 19:04 #78136 by Resticon

Jestor wrote: V, the only current, proclaimed Jedi who has recently passed that I'm aware of is Master Steve f.

From what I read in the link V-Tog provided, it is a day to remember:

"Jedi, as well as the friends and family of Jedi who have passed on throughout the year."

In this case, may I submit a name for the Memorial V? If you do one, that is. Not sure if I am technically considered a "Jedi" yet.

More
24 Oct 2012 20:01 - 24 Oct 2012 20:02 #78144 by Jestor
Resticon, you are a Jedi if you say you are a Jedi...

By legal definition, as a member of TOTJO, you are a Jedi...

I think V's ceremony, will just be a speaking out about it, as opposed to a roll call of names of those who have joined the Force...

But you are definitely free to write the name down and set it ablaze in a personal ceremony....

I think I might do that myself this year, only I have a bonfire for Halloween, so I'll do it then....

Its not the 'date's, its the idea...:)

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

TOTJO Council
Last edit: 24 Oct 2012 20:02 by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Resticon

More
25 Oct 2012 00:32 - 25 Oct 2012 00:38 #78176 by ren
There's Patty's husband as well. (besides steve f)

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Last edit: 25 Oct 2012 00:38 by ren.

Moderators: Edan