Should there be a live service to mark Jedi Memorial Day?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #78086 by

ren wrote: I personally find the feast days a bit... obvious. You know? Like one day some dude said "let's have some feast days" and then made a list...

But Yes, you can have a live service... Though to be fair it could be mixed with your promotion on the 26th. Actually you could just do it right after your promotion.

For my part, I think it's a beautiful idea to mix the remembrance of the dead with the celebration of the yet living. There's a certain balance and harmony in that to me. I think it's a wonderful idea to work commemoration of those past into the promotion of those still here (V-Tog) for a sort of all-purpose celebration of the full cycle of life...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 5 months ago #78094 by Jestor

ren wrote: Now that halloween non-sense is creeping in, I personally find it all absolutely ridiculous and frankly, inappropriate

:P

The Haunter in me is slowly dieing from that comment...

But, as its Halloween, thats not all bad, I could be a Zombie or skeleton...:woohoo:

Alluvius wrote: For my part, I think it's a beautiful idea to mix the remembrance of the dead with the celebration of the yet living. There's a certain balance and harmony in that to me. I think it's a wonderful idea to work commemoration of those past into the promotion of those still here (V-Tog) for a sort of all-purpose celebration of the full cycle of life...

Thats How I look at Halloween partly...

We are embracing the dead, as there should be nothing scary about dead things, and we are embracing life (the kids)...

The scariest things I face, are my worries for my children... Nothing else scares me...;) (ok, ren does... Oh, and the thought of the apocalypse, cause I dont know how people will cook cookies without a conventional oven...)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #78099 by

Jestor wrote: Thats How I look at Halloween partly...

We are embracing the dead, as there should be nothing scary about dead things, and we are embracing life (the kids)...

The scariest things I face, are my worries for my children... Nothing else scares me...;) (ok, ren does... Oh, and the thought of the apocalypse, cause I dont know how people will cook cookies without a conventional oven...)[/color]

MMkay, Jestor my brother....when you are the first to have your brains eaten by Zombies, I'm gunna show you a print out of this statement and subsequently follow up with a "I told you so". :evil:

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 5 months ago #78103 by RyuJin

War Beauty wrote:

Jestor wrote: Thats How I look at Halloween partly...

The scariest things I face, are my worries for my children... Nothing else scares me...;) (ok, ren does... Oh, and the thought of the apocalypse, cause I dont know how people will cook cookies without a conventional oven...)[/color]

MMkay, Jestor my brother....when you are the first to have your brains eaten by Zombies, I'm gunna show you a print out of this statement and subsequently follow up with a "I told you so". :evil:

:whistle: but uummm, how's he gonna unnerstand if his brain's been eaten :sick:

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
11 years 5 months ago #78108 by MCSH

RyuJin wrote: :whistle: but uummm, how's he gonna unnerstand if his brain's been eaten :sick:

trying to solve 1+1?

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister

More
11 years 5 months ago #78118 by Ben
Completely off-topic, but I'm pretty anti-Halloween...as a kid I refused to go out trick-or-treating because my conscience would not allow me to go out and demand sweets from strangers...

In places in this country, in the area in which I live for example, the trick part of trick-or-treat can mean eggs thrown at your house, or even the odd stone through th windows...I'm not sure that we should be teaching children that threatening people (trick-or-treat being a threat, of course, whether innocent or not) is a fun and acceptable thing to do.

I'm all for Halloween parties and festivals and stuff though :)

B.Div | OCP

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
11 years 5 months ago #78120 by Jestor
[strike]I dont like just handing out the candy....

We have a spooky walk... [/strike]

But nevermind, wrong thread... :)

(check out my vacation thread for the walkthrough if you havent...;))

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #78136 by

Jestor wrote: V, the only current, proclaimed Jedi who has recently passed that I'm aware of is Master Steve f.

From what I read in the link V-Tog provided, it is a day to remember:

"Jedi, as well as the friends and family of Jedi who have passed on throughout the year."

In this case, may I submit a name for the Memorial V? If you do one, that is. Not sure if I am technically considered a "Jedi" yet.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #78144 by Jestor
Resticon, you are a Jedi if you say you are a Jedi...

By legal definition, as a member of TOTJO, you are a Jedi...

I think V's ceremony, will just be a speaking out about it, as opposed to a roll call of names of those who have joined the Force...

But you are definitely free to write the name down and set it ablaze in a personal ceremony....

I think I might do that myself this year, only I have a bonfire for Halloween, so I'll do it then....

Its not the 'date's, its the idea...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #78176 by ren
There's Patty's husband as well. (besides steve f)

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by ren.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi