Community Service

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 4 weeks ago #22791 by
Community Service was created by
Lately the thought of community service has been circling in my head. See My step-son little Steve is autistic and several times I've gone to his class in my robes or in my super ultimate special fantastic darth vader costume to entertain the kids in his class. All special needs kids, they love it. His teacher has been using it as a reward system, and it helps them study and work hard to learn.
Recently I've decided it's gone so well I want to add more. I've thought in Salt Lake here we have primary Childrens hospital and Huntsman Cancer, and I've contacted them to do the same concept there. There are so many sick and terminal children who would love to meet Darth Vader or a Jedi.
The work isn't hard, I go \"in character\" wave a lightsaber aroung and play a game (desintigrate the droid, a rip on hangman is popular) and just have fun with the kids. I have an appoinment with primary and Huntsman has e-mailed me back, and I look forward to it.
The reason I mention this is I think it's so very rewarding, and although not all of you have a vader you all most likely have some cool jedi robe.
If you were a sick, maybe dying child you would certainly remeber a jedi comming to cheer you up.
it's certainly not for everyone, but I think it's something we as clergy should consider, and all jedi with thier robes.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 2 weeks ago #22838 by
Replied by on topic Re:Community Service
I completely agree. What better way to make our objectives known. I would like to think we strive to help not only those in our immediate community, but also those outside. It shows our intent to do well onto others, then with children its even more so.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi