ooooooooo your the Sunflower ....

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #352165 by Carlos.Martinez3
here is the sermon posted

Take some time to relax and take some time to get in touch with what we each call the Force. It is said The Force is what binds us. Trying to pen that very thing, even we as beginners know is not a easy feat. As seasoned Modern day Jeddist Its no easy task. It gets larger and larger every time I learn more explanations of what The Force can be and is. Its huge the more I seek and learn and find real explanations in use.
Take your pencil and draw a sunflower. Go ahead. I chose a sunflower because its easily identifiable and pretty much any one can at any age can do this. For those that didn't bring one - take the time to go get one and join in on the very real thing you can do. Draw a sunflower. Make it stick - crayon- paint-charcoal- how ever you choose. Draw one out and complete it. (post it)
Reality of this exercise- No two pictures will ever be the same. I hope you really drew one because now, you have something to look at and remember that the Force is like an idea or can be. It can be a lot of different things for everyone. Discretions are just that, our way of explaining what's present. What is present? What's real? What does your sunflower look like? Does the description match what's been made?

Im going to post a link to this one on the Forum. look for it and lets see those pictures of sunflowers. Lets see - real differences and real similarities. As time goes on , I hope it can continue to challenge people to join in and create something worth passing. The Force comes in many forms, in the form its held in at times. That means you.
That means you and what ya bring as well- the whole shabangabang. You AND your description, along with the hopes and dreams and fears and laughs and tears.

My hope is that we have a tangible idea of what The Force can be - in real life- what it looks like- to us, from something simple. Something any one can do. See ya in the Forums.
May the Force continue to be with y'all - Pastor Carlos

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Clergy/123886-ooooooooo-your-the-sunflower

So, post your picks of your own sunflower here. Post your ideas about said topic as well. Ill post mine. Feel free to post a pencil sketch for the sake of the excersise and then bring your A game if your a Artsy type. Feel free to personalize your second one as well. This is a interactive message and I hope it continues.
here --- we ---- goooo
Force be with yall

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, jedijoshuabe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #352166 by Carlos.Martinez3

Attachment 09309B1C-9A5F-4FE2-889B-98949011383D.jpeg not found

Build, not tear down.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: fencingcellist

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 9 months ago #352167 by
Replied by on topic ooooooooo your the Sunflower ....
The sunflower is one of my favourite flowers.
It was the first flower given to me by my husband when we were dating. I’ve grown them in every place we’ve lived. The mathematical ideal in the arrangement of the seeds.
I also love that they always face to the sun, but on grey or cloudy days, they face to each other.

-Libby
Attachments:

More
3 years 9 months ago #352168 by Carlos.Martinez3
I do meditations with sunflowers often and I recommend it with those who seek that earthy or worldly type of examples from nature. It’s been said these type of flowers get their energy for what they do from the sun and on less sunny days get their energy from - one another - which is why I often plant 3 to a pot. Just - neat and a great example from nature how some things can and how some things are. Thank you for sharing !!

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jedijoshuabe

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #352169 by jedijoshuabe
1st round draft
I was in my thirties when it finally dawned on me that sunflower seeds we ate playing baseball in the nineties were actually from the Sunflower
...so many things to learn...

Attachment sunflower1stdraft_2020-05-22-2.jpg not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by jedijoshuabe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 9 months ago #352171 by Carlos.Martinez3

Attachment AA4F034F-AC4D-427B-960D-0263C430C89B.jpeg not found

From Ros

Build, not tear down.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, jedijoshuabe

More
3 years 9 months ago #352179 by jedijoshuabe
ALL ONE

Attachment sunflower.png not found

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, fencingcellist, Diana W

More
3 years 9 months ago #352330 by MichaelD
Quick sketch with what was at hand.

Attachment sunflower.jpg not found

MichaelD
Initiate Journal

Became a member, April 2020
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, jedijoshuabe

More
3 years 5 months ago #355288 by Diana W
Like the Force (universe, the Essence, etc); the sunflower has many depths to it. On the surface it is bright and yellow. It feeds us with its seeds, we feed it with our care. Its roots grow deep into the soil we share with our bare dirty feet, and worms, and other insects and bacteria and minerals. You take handfuls of soil and smell it, then put your face to the sunflower and smell its part of existence in the Force. The stem, like our spines, support its life. Its arms reach out to capture rain and sun. It lifts its head in morning wakefulness to greet the Force's energy radiating off the morning sun; then bows down in the evening to sleep under the vast spread of stars - each it's own seed, its own system, its own world. All part of the Force, sharing space and time together. For me 'that' is the Force. :)

Journals:
. IP . Apprentice . Personal . Healing . Degree . Seminary

Previous: House of Orion
Previous TM : Zero

Life is a sum of all your choices; So, what are you doing today?
― Albert Camus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 5 months ago #355297 by Carlos.Martinez3

dwagoonie wrote: Like the Force (universe, the Essence, etc); the sunflower has many depths to it. On the surface it is bright and yellow. It feeds us with its seeds, we feed it with our care. Its roots grow deep into the soil we share with our bare dirty feet, and worms, and other insects and bacteria and minerals. You take handfuls of soil and smell it, then put your face to the sunflower and smell its part of existence in the Force. The stem, like our spines, support its life. Its arms reach out to capture rain and sun. It lifts its head in morning wakefulness to greet the Force's energy radiating off the morning sun; then bows down in the evening to sleep under the vast spread of stars - each it's own seed, its own system, its own world. All part of the Force, sharing space and time together. For me 'that' is the Force. :)

Got a sketch to add to that post? And that’s kinna how I see things too- the Force for me dwells in the things I see and look for. It always meets me there. It goes with the saying “ seek and you will find.” Sometimes it’s in the rain for me too... in the sound. But that’s me- I still dance and play in the rain. . . Often.

Build, not tear down.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi