Sharing a Myth or two

More
31 Mar 2020 16:50 #350779 by Carlos.Martinez3
Telling a story or Myths is easy- Finding and validating them is a bit more on the difficult side. No Myth or story more so than those of Rabbit I find. This one in particular was a hard one to track down. I have a pile of books splayed open trying to find this one story of how Rabbit found wisdom. Turns out the book I directly needed was not in its place. We found it in the pile of books my son has for studys this week. Now, we searched for Rabbit over and over for over a week. Today - TAAA DAAAA here we go.

This one comes from the Muskogee people.
Rabbit is often a trickster at times.

Rabbits are small in comparison to other animals. One day, its said Rabbit went to The Master of Life and asked for wisdom for his people to survive. The Master of Life charged Rabbit to a few tasks. First was catch ants in a bag. Then bring Rattle Snake and Alligator here then we can talk about wisdom. After figuring out things, he was pissed every time he was asked to do something else till he said enough, where is my wisdom? I looked every where because I liked the way this one is told.
Taken from a story in a book----*

"The master of Life smiled. "Rabbit," he said, "you have shown me that you already have wisdom enough. If you had any more, it would be too dangerous for all other creatures. You will always be small and weak but you and your people will use your wits to survive."

*The Girl Who Helped Thunder and other Native American Folktales
retold By James Bruchac Ph.D.

One of the better story's to me because it always reminds me that sometimes its during the seek that we find things. Its through the times or those moments - in it that we find what we often need or often want. Its through the doing of things we find sometimes what we need.

IN THE SEEK
or
where the rubber meets the road
or
In the thick of it
or
What ever you like to call it - we all know it its during that we can find things as well. Even- notice that .... your doing it as we speak. Those of you just barely doing it or even managing- its still doing it! May we learn from Rabbit a bit of wisdom is actually knowing -Your the hero - youll figure it out...
Your the street rat remember, you can improvise-
Your the user- you'll figure it out.
Your Player One- it on you.
Its all bout you.
Realize what your already doing... Your already... (left blank intentionally) you've been doing it this whole time.
Learn from Rabbit with me?

May the Force be with yall as we all seek, serve, and share it any where we find it... hopefully in the seek.

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jun 2020 15:20 #353060 by Carlos.Martinez3
Once upon a time, in a far off kingdom, the citizens were worried. Their ruler, who was both wise and foolish, benevolent and tyrannical, just and unjust, was aging. Who would assume the leadership of the kingdom when the ruler passed from the stage? Who would be the guardian of laws and ideals, the bearer of fresh energy, the source of new ideas?
Now, most went about their daily rounds, tending their home and farm, factory and office, remembering only occasionally their concern about the future, believing it would take care of itself. But there was ONE, wrestles with things as they were, longing to construct the world anew. So ONE set out to discover the world, leaving behind the secure. At times along the way, ONE walked elysian fields, drinking from pure springs, resting in gentle meadows, and led by sure-footed guides. But at other times, the way was hard. There were gates guarded by fierce creatures through which one HAD to pass. And beyond there were mountains to climb, dragons to slay, and trails to blaze. ONE was faced with difficult tasks, testing ONEs courage, intelligence, commitment, good humor, and good will. Thus ONE journeyed, returned finally to the kingdom where the road began. But ONE was not the same, nor was the kingdom. ONE had been transfigure by the journey, and the old ruler had not gotten any younger. It was clear that succession was near. Some citizens proposed that ONE should lead them to the future. ONE has been to parts unknown. One has done battle with beasts and returned victoriously. "NO," said others, ONE is imperfect still. There are beast not yet slain. "The boon ONE brings back is untested. "ONE is not fully formed and transformed." "But, " spoke up Future, "ONE has brought back new visions, new wisdom, new skills. Citizens, you can not be certain under ONEs leadership you will live happily ever after, but, after all, ONE is the best you have. You must entrust me to ONEs hands.
AND SO IT WAS...

This is by Linda A Chisholm in her book- Charting a Heros Journey

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: EdanKobosBrick